Djent tone with brand new virtual electric guitar

Holy shit dude
that sounds super good for a virtual instrument :worship:
kills my djent style tone with a real guitar

Wow. Sounds pretty damn good. ^^^^Agreed. Shit takes for-ev-er to program. From which the end result usually isn't worth the trouble it takes.

Hi dudes an dudettes,

This is a quick snippet of a new virtual electric guitar I'm betatesting. I tried to get a djent tone.

Hope enjoy!:devil:

Sounds great Javi! I should be receiving it very soon. \m/ \m/ :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I sorta want this, but I also don't really condone stuff like this.

If you don't play the guitar yourself, wouldn't it be the same thing as programming drums or bass?

I personally don't play guitar. Definitely going to learn. I'd rather play it than program it, but stuff like this is really cool for the time frame that it would take me to be able to play the stuff I would compose.

Nothing wrong with that, IMO

The guitars are too perfect, it makes the stereo space seem very thin except on certain random noise notes.

Thank you all indeed! It took me less time programming it than recording it. I save a lot of outtakes.

Agreed. I play the guitar, but not at the level of my compositions.

Isn't that sorta the problem though? I appreciate the writing that goes into something, but when it comes to performance, that's most important. Like, if I wrote a chord that had me stretching all the way from the 3rd fret to the 15th fret, that would be ridiculous. No one can play it, but this virtual instrument can which takes away the authenticity of it all.

I understand using this as a way to make demos or pre pros or something, but when it comes to actual recordings, play the thing yourself.

Isn't that sorta the problem though? I appreciate the writing that goes into something, but when it comes to performance, that's most important. Like, if I wrote a chord that had me stretching all the way from the 3rd fret to the 15th fret, that would be ridiculous. No one can play it, but this virtual instrument can which takes away the authenticity of it all.

I understand using this as a way to make demos or pre pros or something, but when it comes to actual recordings, play the thing yourself.

I would think that anybody would double check to make sure that what they're composing is possible.
Isn't that what happens when guitarists program drums, anyways?

Either way, it sounds kind of hard to get something like this to sound "authentic" so I guess it would be dope for demos but I would definitely have someone more skilled play what I compose, if I wouldn't be able to.

When I compose, I try to know the instrument and its limitations (that's the key). So I can avoid doing impossible things. Quoting what MaellaJohn said, I have heard many musicians programming rhythms with snare, tom and 3 cymbals at once. :devil: