New Mixing DI Contest: "Virtual Djent-O-Rama"

Hi dudes and dudettes!

I've made a song, uploading all the DI tracks, to mix it in the way you like. Also, I've made two versions:

- The rough one (C tuned)
- The gargantuan one (G# low tuned) :p

By the way, there's no drum MIDI file. Drums are bounced into tracks with the bleed on its highest level, in order to put it more difficulty and realism at the time of mixing. Believe me, it's possible to make it sound decently.

You can download all the tracks just CLICKING HERE

And there are my mixes:
- Virtual Djent-O-Rama in C
- Virtual Djent-O-Rama in low G#

P.S.: The bass is a MusicMan StingRay and the guitar is a Fender Stratocaster... Obviously, both are virtual instruments (Spectrasonics Trilian and Prominy SC, respectively :oops: )

Yeah I agree it sounds much better in C. The tone is just plain better. It sounds a tad flubby in G#. Not really just thicker and beefier. I think it is the actual instrument's tone not just the type of music that is making it sound that way. This is really cool though for being all virtual though. Damn maybe one day we'll all be replaced by robots.

Cheers,
George.

Dude there is a rhythmic guitar that sounds like shit!lol It´s possible to get a good sound but it needs a lot of work.

That breakdown is going to be a pain to work with. There is a really tinny feedback sound right after the guitar is supposed to cut out. Was this done intentionally?

Hate to double post, but at least I'm givin this thing a bump.

Here's my mix: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2166066/UMF%20Mix%20One.mp3

Not sure if it's final. Then again, what mix is? Sounds good to me now, though it's not hella compressed so it's got some dynamics ish to it. Might hate the mix tomorrow morning, since I'm hella tired from a 15 hour work day after 3 hours of sleep.

Anyways, anyone gonna post what they got? I might tackle trying to get rid of that feedback sound from the guitar tomorrow if I have time. Maybe...