DI Guitar Comparisons: Which sounds better?

Hello everybody! I've made this thread to tell you one thing that is pissing me off.

Well, 2 days ago I heard the new stuff of the user Dandelium (as you can see HERE), and I really liked the mix, so I thought: "Hey, I'm gonna try to do the same with my virtual guitars. Let's see how does it work". I did all the stuff and shit, and did the mixdown of the project...

To my surprise, it sounded like shit (you can hear it THAT SHIT:guh:). "Why does it happen? In "Chugawooka" guitars sounded pretty cool, but not here... WHY??? :yow: ". I thought it was a matter of the pre-EQ of the guitars (yeah, I put some EQ before the distortion in order to remove that "weird-nasal-Stratocaster" sound and try to make it sound more like a BC Rick, for example), so I did some tests and found a new EQ.

But the problem is not here. It was the turn of the pitchshifting (my Prominy SC guitar is standard-tuned in C, and I wanted it to sound in B), so I did it. But, in my DAW (Samplitude 10) I've used two different ways of pitchshifting.

One is called "Ultimate HQ". When I applied it, it sounded like this:

TEST - Ultimate HQ

And the other is called "Beat Marker Strecthing", and sounded like this:

TEST - Beat Marker Stretching

As you can hear, they sound a bit different. But my doubt is: Which sounds better or more realistic?

:err::err:

The "THAT SHIT" sound best imo. I think the main problem is that the notes feel too separate from each other, there is no flow between them. This is more apparent in the two last clips and make it sound fake.

I think it's because of the song, your other song didn't have those fast alternates between two strings.

Are these the only pitch options ?
You could try in reaper which has a ton of pitch algorithms.And some of them have additional presets as well. For example elastique2 pro has 16 settings and they all make a difference on guitars.

There are more variables to consider in this case, like the guitar, pickups, AD/DA converter and so on. If the problem was only the Eq it will be too easy.

I think you did not understand what I say. You want a Dandelium similar sound But you dont have his guitar, pickups, AD/DA and that makes the difference.