do black people listen to metooool

There were some black people at the Nile, Napalm Death, Dark Tranquillity, Strapping Young Lad, and Berserker show in Atlanta a copule of weeks ago. Not sure which bands they were there to see. It was a strange crowd altogether. There were blacks, hispanics, lesbians (they were kissing, OMG - it was hot), Nazis, and all kinds of people.

To answer your question: not many that I've seen. But every now and again I'm pleasantly surprised at the racial diversity of the crowds here.

For example, at the Dio/Hammerfall show in New York City (where, incidentally, Dio filmed it for the coming live DVD), my friend & I were standing right next 2 4 rastafarian black men. I admittedly fell prey to stereotypes and wondered why they were there. Well thankfully I was proven the fool when they sang word-for-word to each and every Dio classic. By the end of the show we were arm-in-arm belting out the tunes together. It was very cool.

There are a few that attend shows in LA/San Diego. The guy from Hirax always shows up to shows in LA, and there are a few black guys at shows at the Brick by Brick in San Diego. I saw three or four at the Hate Eternal show there last week.

When I was at the nile show that 97 reb was talking about there wasnt any in the Chicago venu.. not a one. But I must say metal heads are one of the most concerate groups imaganal....

I have a few black friends that listen to metal (one of them is in a band), but black people tend to listen to hip hop and R&B. It's pretty rare to find a black person that likes metal or even rock for that matter.

I have yet to meet a black man that likes metal.

97reb

The þ is pronouced as a "Th". Futhorc. I just wanted it to look Archiac.:D:devil: You can get it by Holding down Alt and typing in 0246 and releasing alt. You have to use the number pad.

Anyway, I'll look at my map and find were Pineville is. I'm going to go to the Manifest tomorrow.

@ Fu, tried that alt 0246 and got this ö. I was at Manifest today. Great selection, but overpriced and man does that place smell. I don't agree with the way they put bands some bands in the rock section, that should be in the metal section. Oh, well what do you expect from a bunch of hippies and hiphopsters? By the way, Manifest is like 10 minutes from where I live, just keep down South Blvd and make a few turns.

Hey man, I'm sorry, I gave you the wrong code. 0254.

Anyway, The Manifest in Wilmington has the best selection in town. Anyway, are there any other stores around town that have a lot of metal. The only I can think of it the Repo on Central.

@ Fuþorc - local places for metal - none others thatI'm aware. From what I can tell, the End records online has great prices and reasonable shipping charges. I think they have links on the UM forum somewhere.

I haven't seen many, but it is usually nice to talk to them. There are LOTS of Hispanic death metal (there to see Krisiun, I bet;)) fans around here, but very few black people. But I find afew around...

Yo - Fuþorc, I actually ended up ordering two Rage cd's from the End yesterday. That is one of the headliners at ProgPower IV in september. I need to get to know some more of the bands there. Total for two cd's $24 with free shipping. It may take a couple of weeks, but you can't beat that price anywhere, I looked.