Bands with black vocalists?

God that's horrible. I love how they use bloom lighting to make her white.
There was one that was even worse, though. It was live iirc.
Hang on.

EDIT: here we go. The epitome of awful.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nHGGAmJCYI&feature=related[/ame]

EDIT2: Proof that the allmusic guide has it's head up it's ass:
The entertainment world has had its share of actors who sang on the side (Cybill Shepherd) and singers who acted on the side (Frank Sinatra), and there is nothing wrong with moonlighting in another area of entertainment as long as the person is actually good at it. Shepherd is a decent (although not breathtaking) jazz and traditional pop singer, and Sinatra's riveting portrayal of a heroin-addicted musician in 1955's film noir classic The Man with the Golden Arm made it clear that even though singing was his primary focus, he also had serious acting ability. On the other hand, some excellent actors proved to be weak, flat, unimpressive singers (Eddie Murphy, for example), but if Wicked Wisdom's self-titled debut album is any indication, singing is definitely something that Jada Pinkett Smith, aka Jada Koren, should continue to do. Although Smith (Wicked Wisdom's founder/lead vocalist) is best known for her acting, she shows herself to be an expressive, commanding singer. Some folks might expect a woman who married Will Smith, aka the Fresh Prince, to focus on R&B or hip-hop but, in fact, the material on this 33-minute CD is forceful alternative metal with a funk-soul edge. Smith favors an R&B-influenced vocal style, which sounds perfectly natural alongside her band's jagged, heavy, chugging guitar riffs; intense yet melodic tracks such as "Cruel Intentions," "Forgiven," "Don't Hate Me," and "You Can't Handle" give listeners some idea what Sevendust (another R&B-influenced alt-metal band) might sound like with a female lead vocalist. Sevendust are a major influence on this 2006 release, as are bands ranging from Slipknot to Living Colour, 24-7 Spyz, and Fishbone (whose Phillip "Fish" Fisher is the album's drummer). But Wicked Wisdom have an attractive personality of their own, and the band shows considerable promise on this memorable, if brief, debut.

I still dig her vocals even though the songs are mediocre. It's rare to find female vocals that are just straight out singing without some stupid candygoth or whiny or whatever kind of 'edge', in those way everybody expects 'feminine' vocals to sound like. Same reason I like Elisa C Martin's vocals so much.

Edit: That BZEET BZEET BZEET BZEET guitar thing they do at the beginning of that one song is my least favorite 'heavy' dynamic thing of all time, whose idea was that? The stupid hardcore bands here have that as about 90% of their riffs.

I still dig her vocals even though the songs are mediocre. It's rare to find female vocals that are just straight out singing without some stupid candygoth or whiny or whatever kind of 'edge', in those way everybody expects 'feminine' vocals to sound like. Same reason I like Elisa C Martin's vocals so much.

It's not rare to find female singers who don't fall into those categories if you actually take some time to look for music that isn't played on the current Top 40 radio stations.

I would think it's obviously assumed that I'm talking about within various kinds of 'heavy' music, in which the clear constant of female vocals is nothing more than a culmination of various 'rock chick' fantasies that desperate men worship. But I didn't ask you and this is a clear example of why I wouldn't, and could you try and refrain from saying anything to me in the future? yeah, thanks.

The greater percentage modern male metal singers are at least as stereotypical, cringe-worthy pretty-boys or wannabe badasses, so I think it would be logical to assume that there would be quite a lot of bad female singers in heavy music along with good ones. The fact that men outnumber women in metal music would probably mean that there are fewer noteworthy female singers in the genre. Due to this, I don't feel that your statement brought anything noteworthy to attention. Also, if you honestly settle for and praise Jada Pinkett Smith's vocals, I'd still have to say that you're pretty uneducated on female singers.

Also, don't post on public forums if you don't want public responses. That's the best advice that I can give you if you don't want specific people to reply to what you say.

Ugh I'm not even going to click on the view thing to see what you said, I just find it strange I can't get rid of you even when I ask so politely. Most people would throw a party if I told them to leave me alone, but not you. Why is that, besides the fact that you enjoy pain (not necessarily a bad thing in itself, but gosh)? Usually I dig on people who can match my ability to be a jerk but not really here. What do you want from me? You know I live in Florida too. What is it I need to do? Do you want to go blast Swans at the beach or something? I'll let you if I can play Running Wild (and if I can drive). I don't get it. Do you want to have a good frienemy debate at a Starbucks at your command? I'm puzzled. Trust me, you don't want to be around me. I speak my mind and have no table manners.