Bands with female vocalists

Without Face have a cool male/female vocal combo (I think they may have died though)

Karnataka. :p

Rachel1.jpg

The Gathering 'Mandylion' is a perfect example of an amazing,heavy atmospheric album with IMO the best female vocals ever. Favorite songs would be 'Eleanor' and 'Strange Machines' :headbang:

anneke-van-giersbergen.jpg

thegathering.jpg

mandylion.jpg

Atrox. Awesome progressive music with an excellent and completely unique female vocalist......none of the "goth" or "symphonic" stuff that's generally the cliche band with female vocals.

Liv Kristine Espenaes formerly of Theater of Tragedy is a killer vocalist. Her new band Leaves Eyes are really good the first release Lovelorn is excellent. Also the 2nd record record Vinland Saga is good also.

Then there is The Gathering- Night Time Birds is one of their best and Sleepy Builinds is really good as well.

progmetalgod said:
I saw The Gathering a couple of years ago. I nearly fell asleep, sorry.

You should just pay attention to "Mandylion". It was their first CD and imo the best. After this one they've become boring, in fact.

For growls, I would go with The frontman (well, frontwoman) of the Japanese band Shadow; Tokiko Shimamoto. She's one of the best death metal vocalists I've ever heard. Male OR female.

And someone mentioned it already, but for clean vox, Within Temptation is the way to go.