gothicmetal with two female vocalists

Status
Not open for further replies.

lnasphinx

New Metal Member
May 20, 2004
does anybody know of any (gothic)metal bands which have 2 female vocalists?
a good example are Dreams of Sanity - Komodia (it's one of the best gothmetal albums for me!)

lnasphinx said:
does anybody know of any (gothic)metal bands which have 2 female vocalists?
a good example are Dreams of Sanity - Komodia (it's one of the best gothmetal albums for me!)

Two? Well Haggard comes to mind, but on the one I have at least (trust the seer) they didn't sing together.

For great gothic metal also check out:

Theatre of Tragedy - Velvet darkness they fear
Tristania - ST, Beyond the Veil, Widows Weeds, World of Glass
Within Temptation - Enter

Obsolete666 said:
lacuna coil as well
:lol:

Actually, I don´t know of any other metal album featuring two female lead vocalists apart from Dreams Of Sanity´s "Komödia". Well, on The Third And The Mortal´s album "Painting On Glass", Ann-Mari Edvardsen is accompanied on one song - "Eat The Distance" - by her sister Monika. You can also hear Monika and Ann-Mari Edvardsen together on a few songs on the eponymously titled debut album by Tactile Gemma (released on Seasons of Mist), but Tactile Gemma has nothing to do with metal. Some other non-metal bands like Hedningarna or Värttinä with two (or more) female vocalists come to my mind, but that´s probably not what you are looking for. Hm, I´m not too familiar with Therion (Martina joined them after leaving Dreams Of Sanity), but I think they have some songs featuring two or more female (but also some male) vocalists.

If one female vocalist will also do, I think the "Sorrow"-EP and the album "Tears Laid In Earth" by The Third And The Mortal (or - as they spelled their name way back then - The 3rd And The Mortal) are probably the best you will get as far as gothic metal is concerned - unless you are into male grunting (which you won´t find on these releases). The other releases by The Third And The Mortal aren´t bad either, but the metal-influences diminished more and more and are entirely gone on "In This Room" and their latest release "Memoirs". You will find some soundsamples on www.mortal.info.

I was just adding on to Schwinn's list of goth bands with female vocalists (not necassarily two but) and lacuna coil are goth rock and have a female vocalist

Obsolete666 said:
I was just adding on to Schwinn's list of goth bands with female vocalists (not necassarily two but) and lacuna coil are goth rock and have a female vocalist
Ok, sorry I got you wrong. (I´d thought you meant to say that the male vocalist of Lacuna Coil sounded like a female vocalist.)

Status
Not open for further replies.