Best bands with female vocalists

carnut

\m/
Apr 29, 2004
Helgium
there were quit some female vocalists in Metal Bands, wich do you like most?
I like Znöwhite, Detente, Hellion, Aloha-Vixen (early Hawaii), Saraya ..... :Shedevil:

Reactions: Wyvern
CHASTAIN without hesitation! Ruler of the Wasteland is a hell of an album!

ZED YAGO would be my other pick, thanks to Weinhold powerful vocals.

HOLY MOSES are kinda fun thrash, I like them...

AFTER FOREVER, one of the few bands of that genre I'm really fond! Old THE GATHERING as well, but I don't care too much for their new stuff...

and WARLOCK of course :headbang:

Nightwish
Lacuna Coil
Lana Lane
Moon Of Steel
Kurgan's Bane
Black Widow
Forgotten Tales
Beholder
Power Symphony
Balckmore's Night

Moon Of Steel have female vocals now?
I have only "Passions" they got a woman to sing now? pity.
well, my fav metal bands with female vocals:
The Gathering
Black Knight
Chastain
Brave
Zed Yago
and for non metal : Dead Can Dance, Jefferson Airplane

IOfTheStorm said:
Moon Of Steel have female vocals now?
I have only "Passions" they got a woman to sing now? pity.
Well I don't have "Passions". And "Insignificant Details" is a great powerful prog album and Sarah Bonetti voice is something special.

IOfTheStorm said:
You should buy "Passions" , it's style is amazing power metal in the vein of Savatage/Queensryche.

I bought "Passions" time later. Nothing as good as the next one, and there was a guy singing. Eventually I got rid of it.

I should have posted Sinergy, I don't know why I always forget them. Also I forgot Ambeon (even if it was a one time project) and Mastermind last album "Angels Of The Apocalypse"

Well, these are probably too obvious but I gotta say ARCH ENEMY and Lacuna Coil! I love those guys! (Guys? you know what I mean...) Old school wise I gotta say Saraya and of course LITA FORD!!!!!!!!! Boy, oh boy, did I used to have a THING for Lita. Nothing made lil' Ted as happy as seeing Lita Ford rollin' on the floor telling me about how she "went to a party last Saturday night"....oh to be that young again. ALSO loved DORO, WENDY O WILLIAMS and FEMME FATALE's Lorraine Lewis back in the day. OH, and the hottest chicks of all were POISON! hahaha (I honestly did think Poison were Hot Chicks when Look What the Cat Dragged In first came out...until I read their names....geezz!)

Reactions: mdmatt4ever
:worship: :worship: :worship: Fear of God:worship: :worship: :worship: ("Within The Veil" features the most haunting female vocals in metal so far)/Détente
:worship: :worship: :worship: Atrox:worship: :worship: :worship: (the most original and varied female vocals in metal so far)
Madder Mortem
Nightwish
Dreams Of Sanity
Chastain
Znowhite
The Third And The Mortal
The Gathering
Meanstreak
Holy Moses
Rock Goddess
Zed Yago
Phantom Blue
Original Sin

Nice thread. To be honest I like female vocals waaaaayyy more than male vocals. You guys have named some great bands (solo artists) so far. I have been kinda just watching this thread to see what bands would be mentioned before posting, the one band I didn't think anoyone else would like (or know) was Meanstreak and I'll be damned if Burkhard didn't list them! Nice!!! And to top it off 2 people listed Rock Goddess.... digging deep into the metal archives for that one!! But no one mentioned Girlschool!!!

Here's a few not mentioned so far (I think)===

Girlschool
Lee Aaron
Blacklace
Cherry Bombz
Sentinel Beast
Acid
Baby Animals
The Runaways
The Nymphs (Inger Lorre)
Lullacry
Megace

One of my all time favorite female singers is Maria McKee of Lone Justice (they're not metal of course).

And then there is my all time favorite band EVER of any genre, hands down the best band of all times (IMO) .... Concrete Blonde..... I don't know why but Johnette's voice stops me dead in my tracks. Her voice is just huge!! I'm sure most of you guys wouldn't like them, but I can't live without them. :)

Reactions: Wyvern
tedvanfrehley said:
Saraya!!!, I barely remember her. That was so long ago, I stil have a couple of her videos from MTV on some wideotape back home. Gee I'm getting really old. :tickled:

I and didn't saw it but....Janet Gardner. C'mon people (specially you Trixxi) you have to acknowledge that Vixen was a prety interesting band at their time. 'Love Is A Killer' still is one of my favorite tunes (and Jan Kuehnemund, besides play good guitar was my candidate for Playmate of the Year :lol: ...my apologies to the female sector for the rude, machistical, penisminded commentary :p ).

Ok, I won´t try to type down my last/lost posts all over again, but here are the two links I had mentioned in one of them for those who want to get some kind of overview:

(Edit: expired/outdated links removed)

@Greeno: Could you post the link again, which you had mentioned in one of your lost posts in this thread?

Some more female-fronted bands (+ some album titles) that haven´t been mentioned yet (I didn´t mention them in my first post, because I hadn´t listened to most of them for quite a long time):

Mother Earth - "Transitions" (a female band, not as heavy as Meanstreak, but heading into their direction)
Malteze - "Count Your Blessings" (power/heavy metal)
Sacrilege - "Beyond The Realms Of Madness" (a bit like Détente´s "Recognize No Authority", though Tam Simpson´s vocals were not as intense as Dawn Crosby´s), "The Prophecy Within" (more "epic"-like), "Turn Back Trilobite"
Carrie - "Secrets"
Battlefield - "We Come To Fight", "Still And Ever Again", "Spirit Of Time" (while the first release could be classified as speed/thrash metal, the two latter sound very different and head into the progressive direction)
Mother´s Finest - "Black Radio Won´t Play This Record", "live"
Auf Der Maur - "Auf Der Maur"
Jingo De Lunch - "Perpetuum Mobile", "Axe To Grind", "Underdog"

@Fangface: In one of my last posts I had mentioned that you could find downloads of four songs by Madder Mortem on www.maddermortem.com in the "downloads" section. (I don´t know if you read this post before UM broke down and this post disappeared.)

Last edited: