Bands with female vocalists

Victory is mine

New Metal Member
Feb 3, 2004
Anyone here into some decent bands with decent female vocalists? The only ones I really know of at the moment are a Nightwish, Evanescence and Epica. The problem is that in most of these the vocalist is really good but the rest of the band isn't.

Luis said:
Old Nightwish

Liv Kristine - Deus Ex Machina

Dead Can Dance

I cant stand guttural singers.

Ok thanks for that. What sort of bands are they? Anything like Melodic/Power/Progressive metal?

Polaris: I listened to their demo a while back and I thought it was pretty good - the female vocalist is exceptional. I don't know if they're signed, one of their members used to post here. Their demo is available at - http://www.polarismusic.net/

Dark Moor: high quality Spanish power metal with female vocals until the self-titled release, when vocalist Elisa Martin left to join...

Fairyland: French power metal with female vocals. Very keyboard driven. I am not too keen on Fairyland, but Elisa's vocals are certainly one of the positive points for this band.

Forgotten Tales: reasonable Canadian power metal with female vocals. I haven't listened to them a great deal, but I didn't think they stood out over the limitless other bands in this genre, other than the female vocals.

Yep, Floor Jansen is great! But I have to say listen to that new Arjen project with Marcela Bovio, or listen to it when it comes out... I love Marcela's voice very much.

Also recommended:

Renaissance

kazahana said:
Polaris: I listened to their demo a while back and I thought it was pretty good - the female vocalist is exceptional. I don't know if they're signed, one of their members used to post here. Their demo is available at - http://www.polarismusic.net/

Wow, this girl sounds like the female version of Russel especially in "Raven and Rowen Tree."

To all you DCD fans I also recommend checking out Lisa Gerrard's collaborations with Hans Zimmer, such as the Gladiator and Tears Of the Sun soundtracks. Awesome. :)