Female vocalists in bands

Jean-Pierre said:
heh, well, Sabina Classen was pretty damn extreme for her time. ;)

Ever heard Ulysses Siren? No women, but if you like Forbidden (and other bay area Thrash of course), you'll orgasm over this stuff.
Oh yes I love that band :cool:

Nice list Wyv!
Wyvern said:
Ayreon - 'Temple Of The Cat'
I love the Ambeon version, this young girl has a beautiful voice. Do you know that one? It's a band mixed betweed her and Ayreon.

edit: hello again Cheryl :wave:

Jean-Pierre said:
Check out Sacrilege (UK)
Lynda "Tam" Simpson´s vocals on "Behind The Realms Of Madness" remind me of Dawn Crosby´s vocals on "Recognize No Authority", the difference being that the latter sound more intense, especially on songs like "Shattered Illusions" and "Blood I Bleed".

Griffin- said:
I love the Ambeon version, this young girl has a beautiful voice. Do you know that one? It's a band mixed betweed her and Ayreon.

If you check my list you'll find Ambeon in there :D . Still I like more the original version with Jacqueline Govaert on ther Ayreon album.

I had that discussion with Arjen Lucassen when the Ambeon version ("Ayreonauts Only") came out. Arjen told me he liked better Astrid version than Jacqueline, but the nicest thing was actually having him answering the e-mail :worship:

Burkhard said:
@Hawk: What about Joyce "Baby Jean" Kennedy? (I think "Black Radio Won´t Play This Record" could even be classified as "black" metal - in a certain way!:D )

Sorry Burkhard but between all the band names I did not see your message for me :)

O yea! The Mothers Finest singer is great! And I love that band! I simply forgot to mention her and MF!

Thanks for reminding me. I am gonna play me some MF!! :p

Hawk said:
Sorry Burkhard but between all the band names I did not see your message for me :)
Well, my list was a bit long and the message was well hidden at the end.

O yea! The Mothers Finest singer is great! And I love that band! I simply forgot to mention her and MF!

Thanks for reminding me. I am gonna play me some MF!! :p
Have you already got the "Mother´s Finest At Rockpalast"-DVD? Their brilliant live concert from 1978 alone is worth buying it! (But you know this better than me.)

Well, I like alot of goth metal, so I listen to a bunch of bands with female lead vocals...and I love 'em! Female vox turn me on.

Nightwish
Lacuna Coil
Ambeon
Edenbridge
Dreams of Sanity
Within Temptation
Pettalom
Blackmore's Night
Cruachan
Flowing Tears
Lumsk
Elfonia
Chalice
Artrosis
Lana Lane
Magenta

Wyvern said:
If you check my list you'll find Ambeon in there :D . Still I like more the original version with Jacqueline Govaert on ther Ayreon album.

I had that discussion with Arjen Lucassen when the Ambeon version ("Ayreonauts Only") came out. Arjen told me he liked better Astrid version than Jacqueline, but the nicest thing was actually having him answering the e-mail :worship:
Hehe yes that's the Ayreon CD I bought at the time. Only one ever, too..
I really prefer Bodine and Vengeance! :D

Griffin- said:
Hehe yes that's the Ayreon CD I bought at the time. Only one ever, too..
I really prefer Bodine and Vengeance! :D

Bad Dutchie!, support local artists :lol::p

I have all Ayreon albums, Arjen is to me one of the greatest composers in rock of our time.

And by pure coincidence look down...

Wyvern said:
Bad Dutchie!, support local artists :lol::p

I have all Ayreon albums, Arjen is to me one of the greatest composers in rock of our time.

And by pure coincidence look down...
Oh yes Arjen is a great musician, I'm just not very much/hardly ever into prog that's all

Some recommendings from my side:

Chastain
Malibur Barbie (ok, shit band name but they are raw as hell)

both really good US metal. Great bands! For SS users, get it :headbang:

Griffin- said:
Chastain
Malibur Barbie (ok, shit band name but they are raw as hell)

both really good US metal. Great bands! For SS users, get it :headbang:

I did it, but Leone's vocals were a bit off my league. I'll check the others from your SS folders when I catch you :D

Thanks

ok it took me days but I though of one!

Cia Heidmark(sp) She played with Vintersorg in a Folkmetal band called OTYG she did some Vocals and the Violin work shes got a Fantastic voice and is a hell of a violin player

Wyvern said:
I did it, but Leone's vocals were a bit off my league. I'll check the others from your SS folders when I catch you :D

Thanks
I have a feeling that if you don't that one.. you will not like the other much either. but give it a try :D

Wyvern said:

Thanks

She wasn't much of a singer, but she was good at being pissed off and generally aggressive.