Female fronted bands

not all female fronted bands arn't put into the goth-metal catagory.. that's just stuff like lacuna coil and that band that was is on kerrang, cant remember name...
stuff like arch enemy, nightwish, is definatley not goth-metal

Reckless said:
What about nightwish and sinergy and lullacry and lacrimosa oh and don't forget shitty otep.

Finally someone named Sinergy!! Kim Goss has not just an incredible voice but she's also one of the best front(wo)men I've ever seen live!!! :hotjump:

Sinergy does kick ass, but I think the girl is not very talented, the band is great because of Alexi Laiho, period. If you remove him they're a mediocre band with a crappy singer IMO.

Dear Tenebrose,

Some of the female fronted Metal Bands that I saw and enjoyed in the eighties were: Anne Bolyne of HELLION (from U.S.A), Lee Aaron in her own self titled band (from Canada),Darby Mills of HEADPINS (FROM U.S.A) and Wendy.O.Wiliams of W.O.W (from U.S.A ex Plasmatics-a punk band). Please e-mail me if this helps in any way.

Cheers!

From Asterix.

only female fronted bands i ever heard of usually suck, Arch Enemy is good but these days bands are too soft, and shiity, evanescence and the donnas are good examples, Lacuna Coil is alright, not great, and Kittie is alright, they're vocals are cool, but thats about it

I have to add Madder Mortem, they're a female fronted band from Norway (I think). I saw them supporting Opeth in Manchester a few months ago and they blew me away. This lass has a voice to die for and I can't stop listening to their 'Deadlands' album. Also they definitely aren't goth metal.

Anthony said:
Check out CONFESSOR-old good fuckin' thrash with really extremal virgin voice ! And blood are also brutal ! Chicks kick ass!!
And ASTARTE is something, you know. Check it!

You were joking??? The singer out of CONFESSOR is a GUY!!! Hard to comprehend I know, but it was a bloke called Scott Jeffreys who sang!!!

Female fronted bands..... What about After Forever and Epica????? :tickled: :cool:

sal666 said:
You were joking??? The singer out of CONFESSOR is a GUY!!! Hard to comprehend I know, but it was a bloke called Scott Jeffreys who sang!!!

Female fronted bands..... What about After Forever and Epica????? :tickled: :cool:
Floor Jansen has the most beautiful voice I've ever heard

Bottom are an all-female band and they're pretty good. Their site is bottommusic.com or something like that. They could have considered the band name a bit more but they're pretty good nonetheless.

I'll take this opportunity to say that I think Kittie are garbage. Bad sound, bad song writing (riffs are crap) and bad vocals. Being a girl is no excuse for the vocals either (e.g. Arch Enemy).