Female Metal Musicians

Metal Lady

New Metal Member
Apr 25, 2004
I enjoy watching female musicians play in metal bands. I think it's sad that there aren't many out there that are actually making it. Sadly enough, most of the female community in metal tend to just front bands.

Who do you think is a good female musician in a metal band? By that I mean not looking like a guy but also playing good.

Some people that could ring a bell (signed/unsigned) could be Metallic Kitty of Decadence, Yael (My Ruin), Miss Randall of Rusty Eye, The Great Kat, Lux of Sacred Storm and Liz Schall of Manslaughter.

Female front persons that are ok with me are Doro and Angela Gossow.

Alexi Laiho...I mean Jo Bench (of Bolt Thrower). Emma Karlsson (of Runemagick) and Melanie Sisneros (of Crescent Shield) as well. Oddly enough, they're all bassists. I would say Dawn Crosby but she's dead. Sabina Classen is a frontwoman of a Thrash band called Holy Moses.

Kriegtalith of Darkestrah makes every other metal chick (aside from Angela Gossow) look weak-ass in comparison.

band.jpg

Kriegtalith of Darkestrah makes every other metal chick (aside from Angela Gossow) look weak-ass in comparison.

band.jpg

she looks ominous in that picture :p

panzerchrist had a female bassist iirc.

I have no idea what the name of the chick from Draconic is (for all I know she could have been mentioned already) but her vocals are awesome.

Mel Mongeon from Fuck The Facts. Awesome newer grind/death/noise/experimental band, with a 99 pound tops frontwoman who destroys everything in sight.

The all female band Mythic delivered some bone-crushing Death Metal in 1993 with their sole EP, Mourning in the Winter Solstice. Highly recommended.

3117_photo.jpg

Two of these girls were also in an earlier Death Metal band, called Derketa. Also very short-lived, and also very fucking heavy.

Mystic Charm were another early Death/Doom band with a female vocalist who's voice is quite vicious.

And finally, the more modern Black Metal band Darkened Nocturn Slaughtercult. The first thing to strike me when I heard this band was the intense, violent vocals. I was dumbfounded to discover there was a female behind the microphone - she's also the lead guitarist and main songwriter.

7.jpg

And finally, the more modern Black Metal band Darkened Nocturn Slaughtercult. The first thing to strike me when I heard this band was the intense, violent vocals. I was dumbfounded to discover there was a female behind the microphone - she's also the lead guitarist and main songwriter.

7.jpg
I did NOT know that. Darkened Nocturn Slaughtercult is one of those BM bands I've been listening to lots since I got my hands on their material, but I never imagined the voice could be a female's.