are there any females in thrash or power metal?

And don't forget Shadow, or Theatre Of Tragedy.

And Skunk Anansie are hard rock, but with an awesome female vocalist.

This seems like a rhetorical question. What female would want to play over the top- almost war like music? It seems only tomboys would.

Hey Buddy,
Im Lead Guitarist, (gurl) took me a long Time to get here. But Anyways, im still not very big, Not big at all. I just got into a serious Band Called WhiteRequiem, and doing pretty well. It's Been Tough Cuz all the Stereotypes, and the Fact that not one lead guitarist or Drummer has been in the Metal scene. Well All female groups don't count. I mean real Metal. Seems to me that there should Be More and atleast half and half in our world. But anyways, you'll see me on A CD cover Soon enough ;) I garantie It!

Well, women simply THINK they're better than men.

How do you fix a dishwasher? You kick her.

What's the excess skin around the...female...no-no place? The woman.

Join in the misogyny, everyone!

*serious* OK, I find it weird that a band like White Zombie would have a female bass player. I guess she was a bit of a tomboy, which stinks because she was pretty hot. And of course, you've got D'Arcy from SP, and the bass player in Fireball Ministry. But the bands(well maybe SP) don't seem to be ideal situations for women to be in, with the bands' messages and all.

Hi! My name is Paula. I play guitar, I love metal. I´m actually in a Melodic Death Metal band...

Any way I droped here to recommend these links:

Carina Alfie (shred guitarist plays instrumental metal): www.mp3.com/carina_alfie_songs

Sole Genúa: Great shred guitarist (her solo project- instrumental metal) www.mp3.com/sole_genua
and her Power Metal band: www.mp3.com/human_factor_x

ENJOY!!!!!