Metal Chicks

Nov 30, 2005
Nebraska
www.facebook.com
As we all know, metal is disproportionally a male genre of music. A few good bands feature females, such as Crisis, Fear of God (my all time favorite female-fronted metal band), and maybe the new Arch Enemy. Siebenburgen and Tristania are decent goth metal bands with female members, and all though I don't care much for them, Nightwish is a fairly popular group featuring a woman. So what do you all think of women in metal? Should there be more women in metal music? Is their small roll in metal too limited (most females in metal bands are vocalists of the operatic variety)?
BTW, who are some good female metal guitarists/bassists/drummers? I can't think of any.

Tyrant, Without Face, Ancient, After Forever, The Iron Maidens, Labei Ritual all have women.. Great stuff. Arch Enemy is definately not a metal act I'd list with 'impressive' women.. She's been overproduced and hyped.. AE wasnt very popular with Johan at the helm.. Then all of a sudden they drop The whore there and they got huge just because of that. [shrugs]

Metal is in touch with its feminine side so i'm not sure why people have a problem with female's in metal. A women sounds more like a women than a guy trying right:D

Women are also better looking than us. I do not act feminine but i'm in touch with my feminine side to a certain extent. You can't just be tough all the time because you'd be stoic as hell. I have long hair which is a female/feminine trait, than again more people in the past had long hair.

Sure some women in metal suck but look at Liv Kristine,etc.. she is great.

Listening to a bunch of guys singing in falsetto with tight clothing is not any gayer than listening to a female's voice when you're a guy. That's more gay.

I need to take a break from all this brutal shit i've been listening to since 12 once in awile.

Nag said:
Tyrant, Without Face, Ancient, After Forever, The Iron Maidens, Labei Ritual all have women.. Great stuff. Arch Enemy is definately not a metal act I'd list with 'impressive' women.. She's been overproduced and hyped.. AE wasnt very popular with Johan at the helm.. Then all of a sudden they drop The whore there and they got huge just because of that. [shrugs]

The only good reason for not liking her in your post was overproduced. Overhyped and how populer they became after she joined should have nothing to do with how much you like listening to the music unless you're a gr1m kvlt 4ssh0le. If you don't like the vocals fine, but don't try to pass off the band being populer as a reason for it.

I like girls in metal. Very cool, I wish it happened more.

The reason why Arch Enemy probably got more popular is becuse they finally fired Johan getting a decent vocalist. Johan almost ruins the old albums.