Women and heavy metal.

:lol: ah! ok.
WOMEN and Heavy metal=(=: sounds to my ears)
WOMEN is a different spieces from men. I don't believe so!
We have excellent samples of bands, consisted only by women, and play pure nice heavy metal... Vixen, Warlock, Meanstreak, etc... :D

Originally posted by metalized
:lol: ah! ok.
WOMEN and Heavy metal=(=: sounds to my ears)
WOMEN is a different spieces from men. I don't believe so!
We have excellent samples of bands, consisted only by women, and play pure nice heavy metal... Vixen, Warlock, Meanstreak, etc... :D

Were does it say in the subject that Women are a different spieces than man? Can you show me?

What if I started a subject "people of colour and metal"? Were I ask why so very few people of colour seem to like metal?

Would that be racist? And if so could you show me why?

I am very curious.

I actually pulled the quote from an excellent book by Leonard Peikoff called, "The Ominous Parallels." It describes how 19th century philosophy was the platform for Nazism, and draws a comparison to the modern day US's prominent school of thought. I haven't gotten around to reading Kant, yet; I use the quote because I appreciate its irony. Then again Kant isn't exactly know as one of the pillars of logic, is he?

Luke you are an Objectivist? Cool. I have read Peikhoffs books many times.

I do think that his book is somewhat flawed in that he does not alway's names his recourses. And here and there he uses sweeping gereralisations.

But as a whole I like the book.

How did you discover Peikhoff or his books?

Originally posted by Hawk

Were does it say in the subject that Women are a different spieces than man? Can you show me?

What if I started a subject "people of colour and metal"? Were I ask why so very few people of colour seem to like metal?

Would that be racist? And if so could you show me why?

I am very curious.
Well... Curiocity killed the cat... :D

Check the japan to c if there is any metal there! More metal than you could imagine. And they are metalheads. And most of them have different skin colour than me. It sounds racist, yes. TO ME

I have an uncle who turned me onto Peikoff and Ayn Rand at the same time. I have never come across such a concise and logically presented philosophy for practical application.
It's a bit difficult to get books here, and I'm still looking for Rand's non-fiction works. Any good?

waar bent je in de nederlands?

Metalized, I think Hawk was just pointing out that you jumped to a conclusion about the title. Racism and sexual discrimination being fairly unrelated issues, it would have been more appropriate for you to read into the thread a little before coming to the rescue of an interest group that was facing no attack.
We understand your point, no need to push it past the point where it bears no continuity with the current topic of discussion.

Originally posted by luke
I have an uncle who turned me onto Peikoff and Ayn Rand at the same time. I have never come across such a concise and logically presented philosophy for practical application.
It's a bit difficult to get books here, and I'm still looking for Rand's non-fiction works. Any good?

waar bent je in de nederlands?

Cool story. You can order all of them at

http://www.amazon.com/

Of course you will be needing a credit card and some money :)

Were the hell did you learn to write Dutch??? Are you Taiwanese?

Metalized, I think Hawk was just pointing out that you jumped to a conclusion about the title. Racism and sexual discrimination being fairly unrelated issues, it would have been more appropriate for you to read into the thread a little before coming to the rescue of an interest group that was facing no attack.
We understand your point, no need to push it past the point where it bears no continuity with the current topic of discussion.
Well... all i did is merely reply to Hawk's questions.
I did indeed jump to a conclusion just by reading the title.
Nevermind....
Sexual discrimination is a form of racism...
And i already admited that i should have gone through the replies, but i don't have the time to do that...
EoD.

Mijn vader is van Gronigen, nar ik ben canadese.
Mostly I only learned things like daad out and donder op!
I'm living in Taiwan at the moment. Seems bizarre that I can speak Chinese better than I can speak Dutch.

I'm living in Taiwan at the moment. Seems bizarre that I can speak Chinese better than I can speak Dutch.
:eek::OMG: :) :loco:

LOL That's great!! Groningen is a very nice part of the Netherlands. I have a connection with China [mainland] my brother married a Chinese and brought her to the Netherlands. We attended the Wedding in Harbin ! That was great.

I hate their Government BTW but you figured that out already I suppose :D

I'm a chick and have been a death metal fan for about 10 years. I don't get offended at the lyrics because I know it comes with the territory, plus you can't understand them when they're growled half the time anyway.

Some female Death Metal Bands I love are
Promisqes, Witches, Thorr's Hammer, Arch Enemy, Sinister, Yellow Machine Gun, Astarte, Catheter and there's more but I can't think of them right now.

Originally posted by 403
There's not many women as songwriters, true. Women express feelings in a different way. For example, if a woman gets hurt (or feels something else) she'll run off and babble it all to her friend and cry her guts out. Males are not like that, they rarely cry, they'll express it in a different way, writing a song, kicking somebody's butt, smashing all the chairs and glasses in a baryou name it :D

Hey, I am a girl and the only reason why I dont go and kick someone's ass is simple: imagine a 165cm tall chick attacking a bunch of fucking bastard assholes.
Well, lol. IMO, we dont fight coz we would be in the physical disadvantage.:D

dont get me wrong i have nothing against women being in metal, im for it all the way, the more the better. But it just pisses me off when i go to gigs that so many of the girls are just scene rats and completley driven by image. They go and suck up to all the bands at the end, they sit in groups and dont do anything, just clap at the end, they wear their most gothic clothing possible to look cool etc... There's plenty of girls i know or ive seen in the metal scene but very few are genuine metal fans *awaits rant*

hmm...i agree. there are not many women listening to metal and this is because they are not interested in. they express themselves differently. However, there are some that listen to, but the problem is that as None_So_Vile said, many of them are pretending to listening to this music just to show that they are not "usual women". They go to gigs just only to wear the gothic cloth and clap at the end of it.

So, you may have more chances to meet a true metaller woman, if she doesn't show off her "image". All "image" thing just reminds me of me when i was 16 years old. Well, most of us have passed through this period of their lives. Whoever woman that still listens to metal after 25 years old you can pretty say she is true for sure. Of course there are true metal women under this age but it would be more difficult to say.

Now, as for playing in bands, I like the ones that DON'T think they are a kind of princesses.

Finally, if you want to listen to a black metal band whose members are 3 greek girls then try for Astarte. Nothing special except that they are girls.

www.astarte-site.cjb.net

metallion said:
I hope you're not too bored with this topic already, but I've been wondering why there are only few active women in metal, especially in extreme metal. Of course many bands have female vocalists, sometimes even keyboard players, but how about guitarists, drummers, songwriters? Not that common, or at least they are not widely known (or recognised). Why do you think this is?

Have you ever heard Avalon from Germany ? They are currently on "hiatus" but they have a female bass player and she flat out rocks !! Avalon is a bit like Dream Theater meets Dokken. It's power metal with some prog touches, but the CD Eurasia is very good.
Anyway to get to the question, I think it is nurturing. Teenage boys are drawn more to playing instruments than teenage girls because that is just the way they have grown up and they have male role-models playing them. Male musicians of rock-style instruments outnumber female musicians by a huge amount, but I think things are changing slowly.

Bryant

This is a very interesting thread.

I'm a girl and a drummer. I agree with what most people have said here but I have come across some very cool female metalheads who are in it for the music and not the image.

lol I think even if I wanted to be in it for the image I couldn't afford all the shit that they wear hehe.

I don't know if i'm very lucky or the times are a changin' but most people don't treat me differently as a drummer because i'm a girl. If they think i'm crap its because I played crap and if they think i'm good its because I played well.

I think that if you can cut it, people will respect you.

gitarfrk84 said:
it's strange...there are good female musicians(classically trained piano players, violinists etc...) so i wouldn't think gender has anything to do with physical ability to play an instrument well. And there are female metal heads, though it's getting harder to find any cool ones. but for some reason though i've never found a really good girl metal guitarist(on a local level) that could either really shred, or just play really heavy(dying fetus, deicide). if only the world was filled with good girl guitar players, i'd be a bit happier LOL.

You think ther are no really good female metal guitarists? That´s quite logical if only a small part of all metal guitarists are women, isn´t it?

Drexle said:
Why aren't there more women in metal? Hmmm... give me a moment.

Cannibal Corpse song titles and lyrics--
--Fucked With A Knife
"Tied tight to the bed
Legs spread open
Bruised flesh, lacerations
Skin stained with blood
I'm the only one you love
I feel her heart beating
my knife deep inside
Her crotch is bleeding"

--Stripped, Raped And Strangled
"She was so beautyful
I had to kill her

Tied her up
And taped her mouth shut
Couldn't scream
Raped violently
Rope tight, around her throat
Her body twitches
As she chokes"

Visceral Evisceration Song titles and lyrics --
--At The Epicurean Gynaecologist
"Pregnant women awaiting their child
Poutinly inspection turns into fell fright
Fresh... arrivals get slashed first
A notorious... doctor slakes his thirst

Osscous remains totally gnawn

Lying... astride he amputates her shanks
Followed... by fingers, arms, legs and hands
With a hammer the baby gets shattered
Reprobating frig it until it is tattered"

--Gangling Menstrual Blood-Broth For Supper
"With a quick gash
Her throat was rift
Deepen the wound and exhaust
Last liquids of the tattered corpse

Spermy soup on lacerated skin
Thoracic cavity divided into
Nipples excise out of the breasts
Deep-red female flesh to digest"

Manowar titles and lyrics--
--Hail and Kill
"Rip their flesh
Burn their hearts
Stab them in the eyes
Rape their women as they cry
Kill their servants
Burn their homes
Till there's no blood left to spill
Hail and Kill
Power and dominion are taken by the will
By divine right hail and kill"

Brutally violent misogyny isn't the best way to attract a lot of women to a scene. Anyone have any more examples? I'm sure they're out there.

What a fuckin' post!:p