Female musicians.....

Most female guitar players suck, thats just the way it is. They worry to much about playing "by the book: that their music comes out boring and generic. They dont understand that guitar isnt like any other intrument where you learn the 'proper' way how to play...Its just about picking it up,playing it as an extension of your soul and not your mind. I dunno every female guitar player Ive ever seen just looks like theyve taken lessons or learned from all the same books, cuz they ALL sound exactly the same.

The chick from the Donnas is a fucking awesome guitar player. Shes seriously the only chick that Ive seen with an ILL style.

On the other hand chicks do everything else better, liek piano, violin, cello etc etc. IMO women are great classical instrumentalists. I just think they should stay away from playing rock guitar.

I think everyone in the thread covered most of this subject. Women generally aren't that much into playing heavy metal.

I think it is hard to be female in metal and really RAWK! For one, the men in metal are usually condescending, and pretentious when it comes to women in metal. Take the guys around here. The first thing that comes to mind... "Is she hot?" And the general opinion that female musicians are not as good, and therefore are rarely given a chance, makes very few options available to them. So usually they get together with a few other females who have mediocre talent, and the girl band thing happens. There is usually one talented individual, but the whole band ends up sucking.

I think women musicians benefit greatly from being around other really talented persons (usually men in the metal field). If they are given that assistance and a bit of guidance from a talented musician, their skills can be every bit as good as a man's.

But given how few women listen to metal, and then take how many of those actually might have musical talent, leaves no place for them but up front singing. Sad to say.

Typically girls like music more for the "message" or the lyrical content rather than the sound. That explains the plethora of female musicians who write perfectly generic shit and think they're so deep because of it.

id love some more metal chicks, more eye candy :p

until then i'll have to keep watching MTV: Dance for my fix :Spin:

There's a girl in Bolt Thrower?!
Wow, I never knew that......

I, personally, hate females in music...well, if they're doing their own thing, like Tori Amos, Ani, Jewel, whatever, I don't mind them (nor do I listen to them though). I mean girls in metal, I guess. I hate it...don't know why. It's a weird bias I have :erk: