More Female Fronted Bands...

Heavenly Call

Jul 30, 2002
Atlanta, GA
www.myspace.com
Who's with me on seeing more female fronted bands at PP?

Lunatica
Sinergy
Edenbridge
Lacuna Coil
Arch Enemy
Leave's Eyes
Nightwish again
The Gathering
Doro/Warlock (maybe...hmmm...)

I know there are others...show some love for the ladies of metal!!!!!:headbang:

A want a reunion date with Atrox and Monika Edvardsen. They haven't released anything since she left anyway. Great band.

Heavenly Call said:
Who's with me on seeing more female fronted bands at PP?

Lunatica
Sinergy
Edenbridge
Lacuna Coil
Arch Enemy
Leave's Eyes
Nightwish again
The Gathering
Doro/Warlock (maybe...hmmm...)

I know there are others...show some love for the ladies of metal!!!!!:headbang:

Dark Moor/Dreamaker/Fairyland
Epica
Within Temptation
Dream Theater (was I thinking out loud?)
Theater of Tragedy
Lana Lane

I know there are others, but thats just what popped into my head.

metalsped said:
Dark Moor/Dreamaker/Fairyland
Epica
Within Temptation
Dream Theater (was I thinking out loud?)
Theater of Tragedy
Lana Lane

I know there are others, but thats just what popped into my head.

Liv Kristine left Theatre of Tragedy last I heard, besides their last 2 albums were techno and not metal :ill:

Lullacry
Visions of Atlantis
Twyster
Miss Mercuria (project like Avantasia albeit smaller scale, gal from Edenbridge and DC Cooper do vocals)
Fear of God (RIP Dawn Crosby)
Left Hand Solution (Doom metal)
Gathering
HolyHell

I love Simone Simmons, i think she is one of the most beautiful voices in metal scene, i saw them alive last december, and the show was powerful. She had a problem with her appendix during the mexican tour, and she needed surgery, but the recovery of her was amazing, few days after the surgery, she return to the tour, singing like the angels and doing a lot of headbanging, i love her :)

Amaran was mentioned but what about Thalion, Star Queen, Visions of Atlantis (AWESOME male/female vocals), and from Canada FORGOTTEN TALES check them out they will blow you away. Oh yeah by the way here in El Paso we have an all female band called Atomic Pink all sisters kinda progressive rock with a touch of punk and very melodic, they are up and coming and will hit the scene nationwide soon so be watching.

Sautherom said:
Another beautiful female voice is Marcela Bovio, she is the front female singer of Mexican Band ELFONIA (www.elfonia.com)
Marcela was invited by Arjen Lucassen to sing in AYREON'S Human Equation. Also, Arjen Lucassen and Marcela Bovio have an alternate project called STREAM OF PASSION (www.streamofpassion.com)
Being from texas how could i forget Elfonia, especially since they will be at the 4th of July street festival here. Can't wait to see them again. and your're right Marcela has a beautiful voice kind of in the vein of Sabine from edenbridge.

Speaking of female vocals i forgot to mention Arwen even though the male is the dominant vocal they have beautiful female parts.

Creeps said:
Liv Kristine left Theatre of Tragedy last I heard,
Must have been a long time since you heard this, because just about a month ago she´s already released the second album with her new band Leaves´ Eyes.

Fear of God (RIP Dawn Crosby)
"Within The Veil" is still the album I´ve listened to the most so far (three mp3´s from this album are to be found on the official website), yet Atrox´ "Terrestrials" will probably catch up within a few years. So I´d also support Barking Pumpkin´s request for a reunion of Atrox with Monika, though I think this is very unlikely.

Pyramaze51 said:
Being from texas how could i forget Elfonia, especially since they will be at the 4th of July street festival here. Can't wait to see them again. and your're right Marcela has a beautiful voice kind of in the vein of Sabine from edenbridge.

You will see them? great ! no regret !.. Also, Marcela Bovio plays the violin, she looks amazing on stage...! :Spin:

I would like to see Epica, Xandria, Warlock, Within Temptation, After Forever, Sirenia, Penumbra, Sinergy, Dreamaker, and most of all White Skull reunion with their female singer

No other Atrox fans here?

They stand out for me because they have female vocals and yet don't have the goth/symphonic/power or some other cliche thing that it seems like a lot of female metal singers are boxed into. She has some very interesting tones.....quite bizarre.

Barking Pumpkin said:
No other Atrox fans here?
Don´t I count? Or did you mean no other Atrox fans here apart from me and you? (By the way, there are some more on the Sonic Cathedral-forum.)
They stand out for me because they have female vocals and yet don't have the goth/symphonic/power or some other cliche thing that it seems like a lot of female metal singers are boxed into. She has some very interesting tones.....quite bizarre.
Fully seconded. Too bad that it seems their website doesn´t exist any longer, thus also the mp3´s you could download from it are gone.