Do not be fooled.

S4R

gooey
Sep 7, 2001
.il.us
Has anyone ever noticed that politicians use the ignorance of the citizens to their advantage? Case in point, the mayor in my city gave an election speech and began it with, "When, in the course of human events it becomes necessary..." The mayor did not mention he was using the rhetoric of the Declaration of Independence. I was approached by a few people who said, "his speech was amazing," how does he write like that,"
things of that nature. I had to point out to them that the passage they were so struck by was written over 200 years ago. What I am trying to say his people should be more learned in historical documents. I see politicians using the rhetoric of documents such as the Declaration of Independence all the time, and because people are none the wiser they are taken aback. It is important to not let yourself grow ignorant of the past.

even though everything i do is driven by politics :rolleyes:, i'm going to mention a non-political example of this very thing. some limp bizkit song said "heavy is the head that wears the crown," which obviously is shakespeare, and oh my god, sooooo many people thought that line made fred durst an absolute genius.

Lina's got a new avatar. Ooooooooh. I mean, yeah, I find constantly, that when the politicains are actually more intelligent than the public (not that often actually) they use this to their advantage. It annoys me, but I have come to the conclusion the public are more often than not morons neway :loco:

yeah, but we're never happy with anything. its hard now to be original, even with things as simple as band names are now hard to think of as others have been used. i think you are right in giving credit where its due. btw who says that thing on If_then_else by the gathering on the the song analog park ''mind is a strange and wonderful thing im not sure if it'll be able to figure its self out...''?:confused:

Originally posted by godisanathiest
Is it a drawing from your own talented hands? If not I don't have a clue :p
yeah right, would a left-brained person like me ever be able to draw? :p no, i got it from this website fullmoongraphics.com -- this older woman has all these drawings and graphics, and most of them are cheesy and boring, but then she has some quite morbid ones that show she was definitely metal in another life. :lol: like this... http://www.fullmoongraphics.com/Fullmoon Graphics new/forgiveus/forgiveus.html

the pic i chose is somewhere in between.

but poor Raziel, we're straying from his thread. sorry. :cry:

My problem with politicians - they use politics.

Give me a human being, then, this person should have a working knowledge of the laws pertaining to decisions made by his/her office, as well as economic and social factors of making decisions while in that office. Also, that person should have an educated staff to draw upon.

I am so sick of the blah blah blah that politicians spew out of their mouths to try to secure enough votes to win the chair they are seeking. And then they spew out more junk once in office. Are politicians afraid to show they are human (if they are in fact human), or do they believe that we all want the stereotypical politician? I certainly don't.

You are right in that without any historical knowledge, we can be tricked into believing someone is brilliant as opposed to that person a good speaker.

Originally posted by Lina
yeah right, would a left-brained person like me ever be able to draw? :p no, i got it from this website fullmoongraphics.com -- this older woman has all these drawings and graphics, and most of them are cheesy and boring, but then she has some quite morbid ones that show she was definitely metal in another life. :lol: like this... http://www.fullmoongraphics.com/Fullmoon Graphics new/forgiveus/forgiveus.html
the pic i chose is somewhere in between.
but poor Raziel, we're straying from his thread. sorry. :cry:

Yeah, thats quite nice :) I prefer Travis' work tho :p Yeah sorry, Raz, especially on ur bday :cry: Happy bday :D