Do people mosh to Opeth?

Well do yourself a favour... put MAYH on and listen to Demon of the Fall, and tell me how you CAN'T mosh to that :). For the acoustic parts, if it's a good show people will just watch in awe and sway their heads, but if its bad, they'll start talking over the top and growling etc. etc.

If I saw Opeth live, I'd be so stunned and happy the only thing I could do is tell the bouncers to let me back in when they try to kick me out for masturbating. It'd be so exciting I just might do that. Ayup.

If I'm ever lucky enough to see them, I hope no motherfucker moshes.

That seems disrespectful to this fanboy.

acoustics are good to let your body and neck relax after some time moshing during the heavy parts...that's the dynamic...that's what i do always.

"Do people mosh to Opeth?"

Unfortunately. :rolleyes: :lol: :p

Really though, I like to watch them, like a hawk just...preform. I like to watch the plucks, their expressions, Lopez going like hell...I like to watch.
mellow.gif

As far as i saw,people were moshing heavily at the gig(Athens,6th of December).I was just speechless,breathless and lost,staring at the stage:(
At some moments,the crowd was singing so loud and kept banging them feet on the ground,that the band even stopped and clapped at the audience:D Unique moments,aye!

*hello kids,i'm new here*

You bet your ass they have at the two shows I was at! Most of the time it's just standing there and headbanging, but when they played Demon Of The Fall(which they have done both times I have seen them) the pit absolutely exploded during the heavy part!

I don't think I'd mosh at an Opeth gig. It could be fun, but I can have basically the same fun moshing to any other band that makes appropriate music - and if I mosh I can't really pay attention to the band (especially since I'm a lightweight and have to pay extra attention to 100kg-metalheads rumbling towards me :eek: )

...Well, during Demon Of The Fall I'd probably go with the crowd if there was a large pit :D

Actually, last year I remember Mike saying something just before the ending (where it's much heavier/great mosh part) along the lines of "go fkn crazy". I can't remember the exact words. Maybe someone else that went to the Worcester show last year.