Do people mosh to Opeth?

I have seen Opeth live for two times yet, and I can tell you... no moshpits. Eveybody is just standing there, smoking pot, being stoned, in silent astonishment... :cool: Some try to sing along, but they get in trouble with me then ;)

Originally posted by Morgour
moshing is gay, why would anyone want to mosh to opeth when they could be watching them play instead.

I don't think it's "gay", but I do mosh alot less now than I did 10 years ago(I'm 26). I just want to watch their show this time since I will be there with my fiancee. When I go to shows with her I usually don't mosh anyway!

No, please, no fucking moshing. I hate it.
Maybe because I can't mosh. I'm more like mindflesh, staying away from 0,1 tons monsters coming towards me, trying to kill me (i'm sure they will). so, i stay somewhere in the middle, and leave the front to moshing. Anyway, you CAN'T mosh to Opeth.. it's like eating lettuce.

Lettuce...what? :lol:

Oaklain-
"People were moshing at the Blind Guardian show. It was actually kind of funny."

It is, if you're not in the way. I know this kid that loves to fuck people up moshing. I want to hit him over the head with a hammer, but I'm afraid he won't feel it and retaliate.

I would freak if I found myself stuck in one of those *POOF* instant mosh pitts. One moment, you're enjoying yourself, the next, the 30 people that were packed tightly around you are all "into" moshing.
wreck.gif
Can't move cause you've got more feet on yours than you ever could imagine possible.

I could never, but I got the impression the guys love seeing shit like that.

I seen in New York that they just about mosh to anything and that includes silence and homos banging each other. It's rather gay when a real quiet song is being played and some retard is surfing overhead making contact with people who just want to watch Opeth play and not have to hold up some pencil neck geek.