do they make half racks?

jrt12

Oct 20, 2008
Hell-ay, CA
let me preface by saying i already know that there are shelves and other half rack converters to adapt to a standard. i also already have a mobile skb rack case, and no i dont want to put these units in there. so with that outta the way...

i've got 3 half rack units that i want to bundle in a rack, and use as my standard recording setup. because i've already piled up music gear all over my place and need to save as much space as possible, i'd like to try a small half rack setup.

i've looked a few times around the web already and cant seem to find anything. though i have seen in a music store a half rack display before (i think it had like 3 presonus units in it). anyone seen one like this for sale or anything? i cant be the first person to have asked or wanted this. am i missing something?

damn... i got all excited and was about to order it, but then luckily i noticed it says its a third rack shelf. i didnt know that was an option, but i guess so. how do they have third rack modules, but not half?

however, i want to say thanks for the quick heads up. i guess i threw you off by mentioning presonus. my bad, i thought those were half racks. but thanks again for the fast reply! :kickass:

thanks, but i'm not trying to fit my half rack units in a full rack space, i was wondering if there are units made for half rack sized components. kinda like this, which devoured remains mentioned above, but unfortunately this is 1/3 rack size, not half.

maxRackBig.jpg

as for making my own... well, i have neither the tools nor the space to build somethign on my own. i'm for DIY, however, i'm doing so much of that these days, i'm spread way too thin.

let me preface by saying i already know that there are shelves and other half rack converters to adapt to a standard. i also already have a mobile skb rack case, and no i dont want to put these units in there. so with that outta the way...

i've got 3 half rack units that i want to bundle in a rack, and use as my standard recording setup. because i've already piled up music gear all over my place and need to save as much space as possible, i'd like to try a small half rack setup.

i've looked a few times around the web already and cant seem to find anything. though i have seen in a music store a half rack display before (i think it had like 3 presonus units in it). anyone seen one like this for sale or anything? i cant be the first person to have asked or wanted this. am i missing something?

Do your components have rack ears on them like standard rack sized stuff and with the same hole spacing?

If you can't find anything else, buy some rack rails and some plywood and trim and I'll make you one. :)

as for making my own... well, i have neither the tools nor the space to build somethign on my own. i'm for DIY, however, i'm doing so much of that these days, i'm spread way too thin.

That just doesn't make any sense to me... you live in LA... find a Home Depot or Lowe's and have them cut your pieces to size, grab a screwgun and some screws... 10 minutes of assembly and you're done...

If you can't find anything else, buy some rack rails and some plywood and trim and I'll make you one. :)

Yeah.