Do you know why you can't find a new singer?

crystalg

New Metal Member
Jan 13, 2006
The reason you guys haven't found a new singer for haji is simply that Vince was the heart and soul of your band. He has the most mesmerizing voice; no matter who you find they won't even come close to the talent you had when this band was started. Vince is a great man; to think that ya'll kicked him out because he wanted to spend time with his family is bullshit. But hey, it's your loss; not his. Peace

I agree kinda. Vince was awesome and really fitted Haji very well. I just hope they can either find someone as good or better then Vince or at least bring Vince back and reform Haji.

You guys are waaaaayyyy to talented. Haji has the potential to be a very successful band.

I got both of your CDs, too.

Surprisingly, after 10 frikkin years have passed, I've had a few "Eddie Ellis" oriented inquiries lately.

The manager for Chris Poland & OHM: wanted to know if there was any chance of us getting back together with him, (we haven't heard from/about him in I don't know how long, so "no"), and if there was any more of that old '94/'95 era Haji material left. ("yes", but it's all in various states of unfinished disarray... I've posted a couple of the tracks up on the Haji myspace page just for the hell of it)

Crazy... I don't know if I'd want to work with him again or not, but I've always been curious as to what happened to the guy.

D.

BTW, Vince has a myspace page:

http://www.myspace.com/vincentmullins

Look what he says:

VINCENT MULLINS's Blurbs
About me:
Well, as the most recent voice of Haji, I still live in the past of being the vessel that should have, and may soon still take Haji to our/their mecca....No matter what happened with the band, Eddie was still destined to leave the band and promote Cheyenne. That was in the cards. I do look forward to Haji's resurection some time in the near future. With what line-up???Who knows? I am currently General Sales Manager for Fairway Ford in Henderson Texas. Sucks...but I have a side project that keeps my pipes in line. I should have some of my favorite tunes from the past up soon...so stay tuned kids....And keep on fuckin' rockin'!!!!!!!If you would like to see Haji brought back to life then let us hear you. Blow up this site and the Haji site. Tell all your friends to comment the shit out of us/them. If you know someone that is in a position to help, send them a link. Peace...

Think it means that he may return to Haji?

DatFatPat said:
Think it means that he may return to Haji?

Well, I generally stay away from the word "Never".... but I can say with a significant amount of confidence that the Vince, Eddie, Derek & Rob lineup of Haji will never re-unite.

Vince's "open letter" to Haji fans pretty blatantly states his wishes, but the rest of us don't have much interest in going back to that.

If we ever move forward again, it would probably be because we found a new guy that just excited us to no end, or because we all finally had the time to come through with that long-hinted-at instrumental project we've talked about for so long.

D.

YOu made everyone cry when you said those words, Derek.

We ALL would love to have VInce back in Haji and see the band reunite.

Hell, I'll sign up for the street team. Just send me CD samplers, flyers, etc. and I will be passing those things out like a Sex Ed teacher passing out condoms to virgins.

Dude, I'm really sorry to say, but it's incredibly unlikely that we'll ever do *anything* again.. much less with Vince.

I feel your pain tho.. I'd really love to see Roth get back together with Van Halen, but that ain't happening either.

I spoke to Eddie yesterday for the first time in over a month, and he won't have time for anything non-cheyenne-related until next summer. :erk: That's an even bigger roadblock than our singer issues.

D.

DO you guys hate Vince that much like Vinnie Paul hates Phil Anselmo or are there other issues?

I don't know what you guys are smoking.

Eddie > Vince

Don't get me wrong, Sucker Punch was a bad ass record, but it does not compare to their self-titled debut.

You can argue their albums are way different, true, but still, the first album/singer is the best. Even though, I don't know how many of you commenting about Vince have ever heard their first CD. If you haven't, check it out, you'll be blown away.

Favorite song is a toss-up between "Near" and "Time", and favorite string of songs is #6, #7, #8 (Symptoms, Near, Time) best mid-section of a CD. Whoever put those songs in order did a very nice job.

Derek, sorry for the crappy show at Tomcat's, didn't get to make it out since I was trying to make a DownLo show for the first time in a while. But my night was worse than yours when I get to my truck with my back cab window busted out and CDs stolen, including both Haji's Kitchens CDs :mad: Hopefully I can find them again. But I will make it out to Somsara's CD release, I'll just be cab'ing it up! Which is probably better anyways.

Laters,

~Brad - Haji's Kitchen Fan 4 Life

P.S. Keep rockin' the dingwall !

It was good. We recorded DownLo's set, and they were pretty bad ass, like usual. Their newer songs are really good, they put some effort into them. The dual guitar setup makes them sound chunkier and their new bass player is solid.

Attempted to record Drowning Pool's set, but my wife, the uber recorder, got seen video taping and got her tapes taken up by the cheese. We're not sure why they would let us record DownLo and now DP, but, who knows. I mean, I guess they could say we were going to sell tapes, but, it's not the 80s anymore, people can get anything off the internet. And what was funny was everyone in the crowd holding up their video cell phones recording, lol.

But she only had to give up DPs tape. She was going to do the ol'-switcheroo, but she was afraid she'd give up the DownLo tape, and I was actually wanting to see them more than DP. But DP was good, dude, the club was so fucking hot. CJs either cord or amp or something went out twice, and once he was doing the solo on the song "Tear Away" and what suck was, they just did their usual appreciation/respect speech about Dave, and then that happens during the song. Mood killer. But I really dig the new singer, Ryan McCombs, I never saw DP with Dave or the other guy.

Damn, I type too much. Also, I wanted to ask, any chance of more Haji videos leaking out onto myspace? I'd really like to see Eddie singing in some videos. Only HK shows I saw were with Vince. And is there a way to download these new/old things you pop up on myspace? I'd like to start a collection of HK videos and rarities of songs, finished or not, of Haji('s Kitchen). I got a new toy for my computer that I can create my own DvD/slideshow/whatever and burn it.

Ok, one last question, is there a way to get that Haji icon, the somewhat H shaped thing with the gear in the middle on the website (http://www.hajiskitchen.com), downloaded so I can add it to my myspace page? Just curious. I know nothing about creating websites and the moving pictures.

Laters,

~Brad

videos: I dunno.. completely depends on my spare time.

Downloads: no, we don't really want that new/old stuff free-floating just yet. (sorry)

"H" Icon: the spinning one on the main HK page is embedded in Adobe Flash.. there's no way to rip it out that I know of. The static image that's up on the top of the screen here, you can just right click on & choose "save picture as".

D.

I was at the Drowning Pool show in Dallas too.

Out of the bands In Vain, Suicide Hook and Down Lo, I enjoyed Down Lo the most.

I got Howard, the black lead singer of DL, to autographed me and my brother's CDs. I talked to him for a bit. He was cool as hell.

BTW Brad, did you just say you video recorded the whole show?

If you did, post them on YouTube please.

Yeah, I got all their songs, except for 2 songs were cut off. One was cut too short and the other song didn't get the first part of it. The battery in the cam went dead and the wife wasn't in a hurry to put another one back because she thought it was their last song.

But I'm going to upload it to my comp and fiddle around with some programs. Going to add band member names and some effects and stuff, but as soon as I'm done, I'll post links for ya. And she was on the balcony so it's a good shot.