Do you think the south gets a bad rap? San Antonio was pretty f'ing cool.

My hails goes to Jayk for actually observing and judging what a fine place Texas can be by actually visiting and enjoying it instead of judging based on votes and movies.

I'm visiting San ANtonio next weekend for my friend's wedding. SHould be fun. The river walk is a grand ol' time. The Alamo is OK. The factual story is far more interesting than visiting the tourist site.

LOL at judging a city by its weather.

Doomcifer said:
Whacha talkin' bout Willis? :err:

Well, my point is this: when northerners think about the "south", they mostly think about rednecks and inbreds etc. All I'm saying is that you don't have to go too far away from the cities in the north to see the same level of white trash.

And yeah, Vermont, Maine, Pennsylvania....they've all got their fair share of squirrel eaters. :loco:

J. said:
I'm visiting San ANtonio next weekend for my friend's wedding. SHould be fun. The river walk is a grand ol' time. The Alamo is OK. The factual story is far more interesting than visiting the tourist site.

The riverwalk in San Antonio is probably the most "european" thing I've seen in all of the US. It's like Venice (with a hard rock cafe). :loco:

Seriously though, who knew that this existed in Texas?

riverwalk.jpg

s0005-10.jpg

It's really very cool, and it goes on for a few miles too. The entire river is below street level.

I liked the Alamo. Nice landscaped scenery, seeing Davey Crocket's gun and diary, old stone wall museum....gotta appreciate what history the US has. Made me want to see the movie. :loco:

pretty impressive ... who knew stuff like this existed in TX ... I want to take a trip to New Mexico one day ... and maybe stop by some ares of TX as well.

I like the south and the muggy weather as well :loco:

sssssoooooooooo tired of hearing about "riverwalk". being relatively close to texas, i have to hear stories of the travels of fellow southerners. "oh, man, riverwalk rrrrrrrruuuuuuuuulllllllles!" it's a fucking river that meanders through the city.
anyone ever been to a city called chicago?

btw: anyone see the bears game today? hahaha nice wind

JayKeeley said:
Well, my point is this: when northerners think about the "south", they mostly think about rednecks and inbreds etc. All I'm saying is that you don't have to go too far away from the cities in the north to see the same level of white trash.
Exactly. It's less about red and blue states and more about red and blue counties. If you look at district voting maps, for the 2004 Presedential election, most states are an ugly shade of purple.

Zod

all I know is, stuff like this doesn't happen in the White Mountains...

DALLAS
Suspect Sentenced After Tainting Pastries With Feces
Oct 28, 2005, 06:59 AM

A judge sentenced the man convicted of putting his own fecal matter on food at a Dallas grocery store to five years in prison.

Against his attorney's advice, Behrouz Nahidmobarekeh took the stand in his own defense to explain why he did it.

"I was sitting at home and I was in one of my withdrawal and I had the feces there, I was cleaning up, I already did some heroin." said Nahidmobarekeh.

He said he was upset at employees at the Fiesta Grocery Store in Dallas.

"I picked up that dry feces I talked about it it couldn't hurt anybody I could get, even if I get caught I want to teach these people a lesson." said Nahidmobarekeh.

He said he thought they didn't properly address his complaints he'd made against the store.

After the conviction, Nahidmobarekeh's attorney says the jury made its decision too hastily.

"The jury made a decision because it was so grossed out. They couldn't follow the law. It was an emotional decision. I understand." said Clark Birdsall.

Judge Vic Cunningham called what Nahidmobarekeh did, "nasty" and "repulsive."

"It's been so nasty, it's raunchy, repugnant, repulsive, vile and vulgar. Your lawyer had the best line of all, you just can't put any lipstick on this pig. There's no way, it's just nasty." said Cunningham.

"I think by their verdict and sending the five years and considering he was probation eligible and giving him penitentiary time, I think it was a pretty strong verdict." said prosecutor Taly Haffar.

Store owners initially called police after customers complained the fresh-baked items smelled and tasted like manure.

Naked man orders coffee while masturbating

Canadian Press
Oct. 26, 2005 10:31 AM

WOODSTOCK, Ont. - A man who drove up to a Tim Hortons drive-thru while stark naked and masturbating has pleaded guilty to committing an indecent act, saying "fantasy" got the best of him.

A female employee at the restaurant in nearby Thamesford took an order for a large coffee just past midnight on Oct. 3, prosecutor Michael Carnegie told court Tuesday.

When the car pulled up to the window, the employee noticed a man alone in the vehicle, completely nude and masturbating, Carnegie said.

The man handed money to the employee with his unoccupied left hand, court heard.

The employee wrote down the car's licence plate number and called police.

When the 38-year-old Woodstock man met with police after the incident, he admitted to doing "a bad thing" and suggested he did it "for the thrill," court heard.

Joseph Priddle will be sentenced Dec. 6.