Does anybody have any midi files from an electric kit?

thedonutman

Nov 10, 2008
South Yorkshire, UK
If anybody could share any midi files from a nice kit, with a wide range of dynamics and some double bass, it would be much appreciated! Unquantized would be a bonus too.

Cheers!

I've got the loops from AD and Ezdrummer. I'm not specifically after drum beats, I just want the unquantized midi straight from a kit to use as a reference for more "human" programming.

^^^^ I can send you something tonight or tomorrow. I'll play something fresh on my kit and send across. Though you'll have to manually do some work on it. Will send my default drummap as well. You can figure out how you want to use it then :)

you could also download guitar pro and download some guitar pro files off the net for songs you like, when you open them up in guitar pro delete the guitar, bass, synth and vocal tracks and leave the drum tracks, export them as MIDI files and you'll have the full midi track for songs such as lamb of god, machine head or really anything you can find a file for.

open them up in your DAW and do some chopping to edit the MIDI's to the way you want them

you could also download guitar pro and download some guitar pro files off the net for songs you like, when you open them up in guitar pro delete the guitar, bass, synth and vocal tracks and leave the drum tracks, export them as MIDI files and you'll have the full midi track for songs such as lamb of god, machine head or really anything you can find a file for.

open them up in your DAW and do some chopping to edit the MIDI's to the way you want them

He wants MIDI played on an EKit so he can look at the velocities and timing to make things sound more human, a straight MIDI file is gonna be the same velocity and timing all the time, so it's a no go.