Does anyone else want to shoot solicitors in the face?

J.

Old Fart
Jul 24, 2001
The Woodlands
Seriously man. I've lived in The Woodlands for 4 1/2 months, and I swear I've had at least 10 strangers trying to sell me shit or something. Lets see: lawn mowing people, magazine sales, carwash sales, election bullshit, welcome to the neighborhood bullshit (lots of these), and just now, at fucking 9:30 PM, this fucking ugly college bitch wanted to do a vaccuum cleaner demo for my fiance, AT FUCKING 9:30 AT NIGHT!!

If I put up a "No Soliciting" sign on my house, does that mean that I can shoot their asses if they come on my property? Or can I sic my dogs on 'em?

This is bullshit. If it's my neighbor needing a favor (which has happened late at night), that's fine, because I'm sure I'll need something from him one day. But fuck man, wanting to do a vaccuuming demoat 9:30 PM. THat's just annoying. I'm in an undershirt and pajama pants, and some bitch just comes a' knockin'.

Is this part of Suburbia, constantly being bothered by sales assholes? I hate people.

Hang spent bullet cases from fishing line outside all the windows of your house.
Put up signs.
"Please break in."
I would love the opportunity to kill you legally.
--Henry Rollins

Dreamlord said:
excuse me. pajame pants. hell yeah I do. they're comfortable.
Dude, come on, I sleep in studded underwear and bullet belts.

And semi-on-topic, that certainly is one benefit of living in a secured doorman-controlled building. No one gets up without signing in and my approval.

My wife usually makes me answer the door for that crap. She thinks I'm mean to strangers and very unfriendly to most everybody else. We don't really get bothered that often, though.

Use your peephole.

If you don't know 'em, don't open the door.

Otherwise, if it's religious people, crank up Death's "Misanthrope" wearing the most evil shirt you have and answer the door.

"Misanthrope,
Hater of all man kind...." :headbang:

I answered once, said "not interested" and closed the door.

Wonder if that's why I had that string of bad luck.. :err:

When I lived in my previous flat those jehova´s wittnesses came by ALL the time!!!
"Here is something that you must read.."
Our "talks" changed always shorter and shorter and one time the lady only stuffed that paper in my hand and closed the door herself. The next time it came from the postbox.
Oh, what did I do wrong :tickled:

People trying to sell things.. we don´t get them in here.

We don't have a peephole in our door, because half of our door is a fucking window. THese people can see anything and everything that goes on.

The only guy that ever bugs me is the cable salesman, about every other month.

"We got some great deals right now."
"how much per month."
"Starts at $44.99"
"no thanks man."

Cable sucks shit, I used to have that DirecTV dish thing at the last place I lived, that shit was $30 a month for about 14,286.63 channels. Plus that whole digital cable thing is bullshit, the ex-woman has that crap and her reception is fuzzy on half the channels. Balls.

Was she trying to sell a KIRBY??? LMAO! I got duped by a fucking phony job ad in the paper about 2 years ago for them. The ad was TOTALLY misleading and looked as if you could make a ton of cash. Next thing you know, you're introduced the good ol' $1300 vacuum cleaner called the "KIRBY." Wooooooooooooooooooo!

NAD said:
Hang spent bullet cases from fishing line outside all the windows of your house.
Put up signs.
"Please break in."
I would love the opportunity to kill you legally.
--Henry Rollins
:lol: Class