does anyone here know of the band "saviour machine"?

i have heard of them and i have heard good things. i am wary of the christian metal bands i have ben told they are very unique in their approach. i also have heard they have been banned from playing alot of places because of their intense stage show.

whats a good cd to get by them?

funny story... i saw them get banned from a place.

i was like 15 or 16... it was crazy. it was at this xian club... and the singer was going off on how everybody is a hypocrit and whatnot, and the venue just turns off his mic. so he grabs the bg vox mic and starts again... they turn it off... then he grabs a drum mic... at this point they turned off all the power to the stage.

the singer gets into a argument with the venue and ends up yelling from the stage. "if you want to hear the real truth i guess we are going to have to meet in the parking lot"... and they did!!! it was awesome.
they didn't play in the states for 4 years after that show... and to top it off i was at the next show they played in the states, at a fest. the xain comunity doesn't really embrace them... they are really really dark.

they are VERY apocalyptic... everything is about the end of the earth.

a good place to start?

well, all of their cd's are over 80 minutes... so you can't really ease yourself into them. they have a three cd set called "legend" or something... which is amazing... but i guess "II" would be a good place to start.