Scanner, and Saviour Machine

edgeofthorns said:
A goth band recording in Nashville amongst the likes of Tim McGraw, Kenny Chesney, and Diamond Rio! It just struck me as ironic.

I think Hammerfall recorded an album in Nashville, and at least one of the guys in Accept lives there (as does Mark Slaughter, for you pop-metal fans out there).

Pellaz said:
Nashville is far more than just a country-music city; it's really a good overall 'music' city. Sure, it's known mostly for country, but there are several good artists from there, lots of production and CD manufacturing outlets, etc. I've seen several shows there (not country shows :)) and have been impressed with the musical 'feel' of Nashville.

Heck, I've never seen a music store before or since that sold, in addition to the usual guitars and basses and drums and keyboards, full trusses and lighting rigs. :tickled:

Yeah, Nashville can draw some mainstream names in metal and rock to play there, particularly at the Starwood Theater. Odds are, you won't make there, musically, if you're not wearing a cowboy hat! Bottom line, Nashville is a country music city dude!

What typically comes out of Nashville ain't what I'd call Country Music...too much pop in it for my tastes. I'll take Austin over Nash. for real country/roots music everytime. Austin, Texas is the real music city.

Did Saviour Machine ever release Legend: III-2? I've been waiting forever.

and I was always a little confused why they didn't just call it Legend: IV. I guess they were really excited about the idea of a trillogy or something even if the Trillogy spans 4 albums. :)

Mephistopheles said:
Did Saviour Machine ever release Legend: III-2? I've been waiting forever.

and I was always a little confused why they didn't just call it Legend: IV. I guess they were really excited about the idea of a trillogy or something even if the Trillogy spans 4 albums. :)

No not yet they say this summer.:headbang:

They haven't updated their site in a long time....the last thing about the new album was photos of Eric Clayton conducting/recording the choir for the album.

Wow! I've been a fan of Saviour Machine for about 6 or 7 years now and I must say I'm DELIGHTED to see them mentioned here!

Yes, the have toured the U.S... I've seen them live twice, in fact. Once was in 1999 in Elgin, IL on Halloween night with Rackets & Drapes and Wedding Party - one of the greatest shows I've ever been to! .... Just a little memory to relate: On the SM website there ought to be pictures of a burning flag where the flames are in the shape of a cross, and another where they form the Saviour Machine mask (something of a Phantom of the Opera vein that runs common through SM's history). I was at that show and I remember seeing that as it happened. Whew, what an experience! The other show was at Cornerstone Festival in Bushnell, IL in 2001. Actually, I only caught the last few sngs of the encore because I was over at the Main Stage watching the STRYPER reunion show! haha! Anyway, it's said that the Cornerstone show would be their last in the U.S. They have performed at Christmas Night In Germany in the past, perhaps they still do/will?

Anyway, the Legend series: The whole series is about the prophecies of the End Times. Legend I is about the prophets and their visions from the Old Testament. Legend II is about the prophets their visions from the New Testament, minus the Book of Revelations. And Legend III is all about Revelations, but because the whole book is about End Time prophecy, it takes up two volumes, hence III:I & III:II :)

As for Leged II being boring, I wouldn't agree. It's "not as good" as Legend I but that's only becuase Legend I was a phenomenal success for the band. For those just checking out Saviour Machine, I recommend listening to Legend I, Saviour Machine I, and their self-titled demo album. Legend III:I is a great listen, as well.

Eric Clayton is definately one of my favorite ocalists to listen to. He is dramatic, intense, talented, and passionate. A very humble and gracious man with a true vision of theatrical performance! Saviour Machine is arguably one of the greatest live best I've even seen!

~Tammy Z~

In addition to Tammy Z's post, I recommend starting at Legend III:I. It's a stellar album! I've been listening to it lately, and I've been blown away by it! I wonder how Saviour Machine would go over at ProgPower?

Actually, I only caught the last few sngs of the encore because I was over at the Main Stage watching the STRYPER reunion show! haha!

So, you're a Stryper fan? I drove six hours to see them in Raleigh, North Carolina during their re-union tour in 2003! I thought they put on a stellar show, but the venue I seen them in was horrible! They played in a few House of Blues on that tour, and I wish that I had seen them in one of those. I've never been to a Christian music festival such as Cornerstone, but I'd like to check one out sometime. I know that the 80's thrash metal band, Deliverance, played at Cornerstone. I wish that I could've seen that!