Does anyone know any Awesome Metal Drummers in NYC area" ?

stargazer7

Apr 21, 2008
http://www.myspace.com/theflamesoffury

... Looking for a killer drummer for my new band/project. We are having big problems finding ANYONE that is professional and available (that particular combination) - I thought it wouldnt hurt asking you guys.

We are looking for a guy with chops similar to Scott Travis/Gene Hoglan

If anyone knows somebody... can you please PM me ?

Thanks !

You're laying a lot of pressure on any drummers you might find by those standards you have set. I'm forecasting you won't find too many candidates if you tell them they must have "chops similar to Scott Travis/Gene Hoglan"

That's kind of what I hate about bands searching for drummers: "you MUST be able to play double bass" it's the vaguest thing to say ever. Put some clips up so people know what you're expecting from them.

I posted the link to the myspace/media/clips in my post. We make it very clear what we need. We've produced detailed reference tracks so potential candidates know "exactly" what we are looking for. We know iot might not be easy, but we arent compromising our musical goals.

In that case, it's all good. :) hope you'll find someone

edit. just a tip from a drummer: your music doesn't need a Gene Hoglan-grade drummer... the stuff isn't the hardest ever. I liked the music, btw!

In that case, it's all good. :) hope you'll find someone

edit. just a tip from a drummer: your music doesn't need a Gene Hoglan-grade drummer... the stuff isn't the hardest ever. I liked the music, btw!

Thanks for the kudos ! -

In reference to who we would like to have behind the kit ? - we'd love to have someone like Hoglan. ;) - I just thought of the initial character (when refering to Hoglan), as whenever I think of Hoglan, the first thing that comes to mind is the fast "helicopter" double kick, which we have alot of.

Geez.. I guess there's not too many cats from the tri-state area that are members of this forum, that ALSO know awesome drummers ! :zombie:

Mike Smith form Suffocation is available for (paid of course:D) sessions;)

Yeah... thats the problem. We need a regular member. We have the option of several "name" guys, but they are only available as session players, and are either out of state, or out of country !