Does anyone know anything about the .flac format?

Thats why they have good vbr encoding, so you don't lose as much to begin with. The filters bring forward some frequencies and mellow out others, basically like eq, but geared more toward specific tones.

I agree .Captain must have bad speakers or bad ears

Logitech Z-5500s, HT CLARO HTPC card, and in car, Pioneer Premier DEH-P690UB and custom speakers. Also, in November I had major surgery on my ears and my hearing is probably better than yours at this point. Carry on with your folly, this is like arguing with bible thumpers.

Edit: Forgot my comma.

18658449.jpg

I seem to hear them just fine, must be YOUR ears and system that sucks. Or your encoder, or you download cbr.

Have you considered surgery and my setup?

your logitechs only are rated to 16kHz so that could be part of the reason the mp3 format does not affect you

before anyone starts quoting their specs of 20kHz, that is not flat frequency response.

So I heard you like wooden knobs and special cd player magnets that sit on top.

I also have a supersystem behind me and the car setup. You seem to be the peter-licking type that hates anything under $10000. You buy stereos to listen to the stereo I bet.

Also, specs: Frequency response: 33 Hz — 20 kHz

OH OH! ALMOST THE FULL HUMAN HEARING RANGE SAVE SOME ULTRA LOW BASS! SOMEONE DIDN'T RESEARCH RIGHT!

Oh man I bet you wish your speakers had a different range, then ubermensch such as these and animals could hear your mp3s were broke.

edit: my post broke, as well

GOD FORBID IT WAS THAT LOW! Oh wait, most subs won't even do that, and we're not rated below 20hz in hearing! HMMM.

There you have it. Audiophiles who say FLAC is truly superior = silly mormons with magic hats. Thread over.