Does anyone know where I can find Mjolnir Necklace? (Like Ted's)

Weylund Smið! :D
I'd feel less pretentious calling myself Þorsson, honestly. Supposed to cool off this weekend, so hopefully I'll be able to do some trial casts. Gonna do some pewter(ish, bulk leadfree solder :p) ones, and once I'm satisfied with them I'm gonna get me some silver! :)

Have you heard about Kalevala Koru?

Kalevala Koru designs, produces and sells high quality gold, silver and bronze jewelry. Kalevala Koru is the largest jewelry manufacturer in Finland and one of the largest in Scandinavia. The ground of design is strongly based on Finnish and Scandinavian culture combining the historical heritage with modern life alike.

Among their other nice designs, they've got this quite popular Ukonvasara [Ukko's hammer] pendant (they call it Thor's hammer in their website, but it's generally called Ukonvasara). I like it's simple design very much, and it's pretty strong too.

Here you go: (sorry it's quite big, but I couldn't figure out how to resize it.)
211.jpg

http://www.kalevalakoru.fi/

Well, I only managed one trial cast, I had a Hel of a time making the mold from the clay original. But I have a working mold made now, and it casts a nice wax version. However, I got trigger-happy and stuck the investment cast in the forge a bit too early, so my final cast came out a bit... uhh... well, let's just say it will be reused in the next cast. ;) But I've got the general idea down, so it's mostly a matter of practice until I get a good one. But, man, this is gonna be one heavy hammer. The pewter cast weighs in around 5 ounces (142 grams), oi.

MjollnirCasting007.jpg

Here we go, it's at least seeable. It's a bit TOO chunky (about 3/8" thick), I feel like the Flava Flav of heathens or something. It's a bit rough, I had to do some grinding and hammering to get it to something more like I meant to make. Now that I've got the basics down, I'm working on a thinner one.

Heh.

Here in Sweden, you can't go to a fair or market without seeing copies (both really nice and really tacky) of that cursed trinket, and every punk ass kid has got at least one around their neck. Add to that the fact that the neo-nazi dregs have adopted it as a symbol of sorts, and it kinda makes you not wanna wear one at all.

In the land of vikings, their symbols are devalued and shunned. There's irony for you.

That is a fucking shame. It's not all that different here tho, a good portion of the people who actually recognize it tend to think I'm some kind of white power nutjob... or they try and convert me or something. If someone actually speaks to me about it, I can usually set them straight. If they don't, I really don't care that much about the opinion of some random stranger. Many of the old symbols have been misused over the years, and the way I see it, the only way to reclaim them is to try use them properly and live up to them. But I'm just one crazy American, anyway. ;)

This is what mine looks like, only silver:

n04.jpg

I don't have the link for it on hand though; sorry.

Many of the old symbols have been misused over the years, and the way I see it, the only way to reclaim them is to try use them properly and live up to them. But I'm just one crazy American, anyway. ;)

I tried that with the swastika once. Wasn't very popular. :rolleyes:

Aurvandils tá;6496917 said:
Here in Germany you ARE a nazi if you wear a swastika :lol: It's forbidden by law. The Swastika (just known as skarcross/ Hakenkreuz) has just become the symbol for all the nazi acts.
Case in point, then.
You can reclaim it by wearing a sun cross. It has the same meaning only is not as offensive and not illegal. In the East Indian part of town I can buy fabric that has swasitkas on it, becasue they never attached the nazi symbolism to it in their culture. It is just a symbol for sun and happiness to them. you can also buy paisley fabrics of all kinds, even in the non East Indian stores. The paisley print is a feritilty symbol, and actually depicts sperm swimming across the fabric.
So, tell your dads hi from me when you inform him he's wearing a tie and matching socks with a sperm print!