Does Anyone Like Wuthering Heights?

Oct 26, 2002
RainbowLand
www.youtube.com
I don't really post in this forum, though I do have much respect for Symphony X. I just don't own a CD of theirs. Sorry.:erk:

Anyways...I went into a record store and stumbled upon a CD from Wuthering Heights entitled FAR FROM THE MADDING CROWD. On the cover there was a sticker proclaiming that 'if you like Blind Guardian and Symphony X, you'll be pleased with Wuthering Heights.' Or something like that. Blind Guardian are one of my all-time favourite bands and being that Symphony X are a well respected power metal band, I was sold.

I ended up buying it and was more than pleased with the CD. They are a great power metal band and Eric Ravn is a great power metal leader in the same way Jon Schaffer is. The opening track, "Gather Ye Wild/The Road Goes Ever On" is, in my opinion, a power metal classic.

Have you guys heard of them? Some critics don't care for them all that much, but as a listener, I was pleased...

Overlord Purple Rainbow said:
I don't really post in this forum, though I do have much respect for Symphony X. I just don't own a CD of theirs. Sorry.:erk:

Anyways...I went into a record store and stumbled upon a CD from Wuthering Heights entitled FAR FROM THE MADDING CROWD. On the cover there was a sticker proclaiming that 'if you like Blind Guardian and Symphony X, you'll be pleased with Wuthering Heights.' Or something like that. Blind Guardian are one of my all-time favourite bands and being that Symphony X are a well respected power metal band, I was sold.

I ended up buying it and was more than pleased with the CD. They are a great power metal band and Eric Ravn is a great power metal leader in the same way Jon Schaffer is. The opening track, "Gather Ye Wild/The Road Goes Ever On" is, in my opinion, a power metal classic.

Have you guys heard of them? Some critics don't care for them all that much, but as a listener, I was pleased...
I had heard of them awhile back but never really took time to care to try listening to them. But when they were announced to play at PPUSA this year I had to give them my ear and judge. I first got "To Travel Forever More" and I fell in love with the greatness it was....I love the singer so much! I could definately see the little bit of neoclassical infuluences and enjoyed the idea of a more "folky" sound to the music. I just recently picked up "Far From the Madding Crowd" and think it is okay but am pretty dissapointed with it compared to "TTFM". I noticed also that the singer is different on each of those two albums as well, and while I like the new singer's voice, I don't like it nearly as much as the guy before him. But the vocals weren't the only thing I was let down on, the music seems quite a bit different than the album before it as well. I think that it is more power metal oriented than "TTFM" and sounds much more like BG than it as well. I think "TTFM" shows more neoclassical/SyX side while "FFTMC" is more power metal/BG sounding. I still like the new album but just don't think it has as unique of a sound as the former, I don' know.....pick up "To Travel Forever More" and judge for yourself.

I also picked up Far From the Madding Crowd, and I absolutely love it. I am not familiar with either of their earlier CDs, but I will have to give them a listen. I like the folk sound they have, and as for FFTMC, I can't find a weak track on the album.