Does anyone other than me see the pure genius in V?

Strapping Young Lad

New Metal Member
Jul 18, 2002
Deep forrests of Sweden
Visit site
This album, or more like piece (like in masterpiece) is and incredible journey through music... Ive got a dream that one day they will put up a live show with a real orchestra and do then entire V album in a row, that my friends would RULE. The Death Of Balance makes my skin crawl, its the epitome of the album no doubt, Rediscovery is a great closeure. I dont think i like an album more than this... perhaps Images & Words, but its more worn out since ive had it awhile.

man Symphony X live with a symphonic orchestra that would be awesome:eek: like what metallica did with the san francisco orchestra but with a nice symphony x touch to it :D

Yep, that would be something alright... Then afterwards Transatlantic would go on and play All Of The Above, which is another masterpiece. And then A Change Of Seasons, and then maybe Jethro Tull could dust of their instruments and do Thick As A Brick for us... lol, ok thats a bit much to ask for perhaps ;)

I think you are right, V has an unique feeling... like i said in another post, it is constantly contending the 1st place in my chart together with DWoT and TiO... they all have parts that make my skin crawl as well, but the structure of V surely has more to do with an opera, in fact the way its concept evolutes from song to song recalls atmospheres that would be ABSOLUTELY GREAT to hear played from an orchestra ;)
Anyways... Rage, Scorpion, Metallica (and surely im forgetting someone other here) already did that... so why not SYMPHONY X?!?!? :D

X-Greets,
Knight_

yeah there are some bands that already have done it but i think symphony would do much better job with the orchestra i loved the metallica and the sf orchestra concert but symphony x with an orchestra on a concert that would be my dream :D

Yeah.. DUDE the album 'V' is just a MASTERPIECE as u mentioned! ;) .. that about a Symphonic Orchestra playing with SyX would be very Cool... but lets not dream :p hehe

Can't Wait for the next CD!!!!!!!!!!! :)

I was somehow bothered with V during the first listens. All the songs sounded excactly the same, there was not much things to crab on. But after some listens the album really started to open and now it's my 2nd favourite Symphony X album.

Originally posted by ThePKH
I was somehow bothered with V during the first listens. All the songs sounded excactly the same, there was not much things to crab on. But after some listens the album really started to open and now it's my 2nd favourite Symphony X album.
Yeah, it was also hard for me to get into.

that's wierd:D to me divine wings of tragedy was kind of hard to get into but now is tied with V on my fav syx albums list :p

V is without doubt their best album so far (in my opinion of course). the orchestrations are awesome, songs are awesome, everything is just fine. and Pinnella has found non-cheesy sounds HAHAHA!

j/k folks.

Michael Romeo IS genius.

I dunno man, when i first heard it I was blown away, i was amazed bya ll the colors and textures in the album, but after a month or so, I justcouldnt get into it, it just didnt have the staying power the other albums had. Maybe cuz I didnt start with V, I started with the Damnation game. Allin all its a great album, I think EGD is a great start to the album, but I dunno it never really graped me as a whole. Also I was kinda shocked that Romeo used the wah pedal as much as he did on the album...Great album, i jusr really MUCH prefer the others.

There's only one problem with it which remains the only fault in SymX, IMO.. All the solos are fast. I am yet to hear one slow solo from SymX out of all the songs i've listened to. Communion and The Oracle isn't really what i would call slow either. It's not TOO big a deal, but it would be nice to know the boys are capable of slowing it down sometimes. It can get monotonous after a while.
Having said that, Symphony X are still one of my favourite bands and V remains my favourite album at the moment.

I LOVE V.

It is one of my perfect albums. Other albums on that list are Dream Theater - Awake, Transatlantic - Bridge Across Forever, Metallica - ...And Justice for All, Jordan Rudess - Feeding the wheel and my all time favourite album... Pain of Salvation - The Perfect Element Part I.

this is coming from someone who is into straightfoward metal, (dark saga era iced earth) etc....
V is the most icredible piece of music ive ever heard. It was the first SyX record I ever heard, to me it sounded to neoclassical at first, to Ingwie. That was 2 years ago, and about 1000 listens later its #1. I have over 400 metal cd's and a couple hundred classical and from SABBATH to MOZART and back across to FATES WARNING V and SYMPHONYX are the best.

Yup, V is brilliant... and yes, i only just realised THEN that there was a SX forum... :rolleyes:

Divine wings is also awesome... thought not as a good an 'album' as v is, divine wings has Pharaoh and The Eyes of Medusa, two of their most awesome songs... but isn't quite "there yet" like V is/was...

Good stuff, good album to squeal along to, and crank up the shredding to :D

Hi! I totally agree with you, 'V' is a masterpiece! It is a dream-machine, I love everything on it - it's the CD I ever dreamt to listen!

haha, my fave SyX CD and I'm happy because even if SyX is always SyX, each album is DIFFERENT and has something new to offer. "the real genious in music is being yourselve"

Viv'