Does anyone remember the Stratocircus?

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
Not that I cared for the band, but thw whole affair that led to the desintegration of it was a good damn soap opera, so here's the return (or a last season chapter) something Timo Tolkki's posted on the band forum website:

At the moment there's not much to tell you. I haven't had the strength to be in my studio a lot but otherwise I'm feeling a bit better now.

I've been actually thinking about selling the whole studio, because it seems that my healing process takes time and all the expensive equipment in my studio is just hanging there for nothing. So if any of you has 200 000 euros of unnecessary money, contact me. Some exploding-work under the studio in solid rock isn't helping(they are building a parking hall there)

I need to mix the Raumanmeren Juhannus show that's coming out in(Finnish)tv. I listened through it and it sounded good. Some repairing had to be done so that even the rest of our reputation wouldn't go away. Some bass lines were fixed with Jartsi and also some notes from(a drunken) Jens. I myself made so many mistakes(I was sober though)that I don't even won't to repair them. So all musicians, take a pencil and mark them.

I have also moved to Helsinki and it has been refreshing. There's nothing new to tell about the future of Stratovarius. No recordings have been made and we are not planning on doing a record. I understand Timo(Kotipelto)is doing great with his solo career and he deserves it.

When time passes, I am not saying it's not possible that new cd's would come out. But before that, I need to get better, so that I won't be again taking blood-spitting female singers into the band. Katriina is so strong a person that she gets on on her own and I think she was born to be a star.

The website hasn't been updated because there's nothing new to tell you and the band is "on ice", so to speak.

What comes to the situation between me and Timo(Kotipelto), it's a fact that it's no one elses business but the two of us. But if and when there's something to report, it will be reported. At the moment it seems a good solution that the band is "on ice". What comes to the comments of Stratosfear(a Finnish person who has posted a lot of things on the Finnish side), it's nice to notice that I am not alone with my paranoidic thoughts.

What comes to "prooving things" and the "hardness of the forthcoming cd" I can say that if any more cd's come out, they are never made to come up to expectations by other people, but purely for the joy of making music and also because it's been our profession. I myself haven't got sad from the talks by critics for some time now. But I do think that art and all kinds of music, cannot be criticised

How many of you can really say what kind of music is bad and what is good without being arrogant? An opinion is a different matter, but you can also point it out differently. "I don't like..." and "this and that is shit!" are totally different things. But if one really thinks he/she owns the talent to define overally what is "good" and what is "bad" music, I congratule him/her with sincerity!! In my own life, concerning this thing, a remarkable growing-up has happened(not only to my body weight) and those things I said about Waldo years back, seem very strange.(Not to mention Waldo is a great guy, we've met and talked). So growing up is possible(also aside from body weight)

May you all enjoy the beginning of winter, and keep on hanging on, despite the darkness.

Does anyone have that pic of the keyboardist pissing on Tolkki's leg? That picture was the best thing to come out of that whole soap opera. :lol: