Does anyone use..... (drumsample related)

MattTUU

Homesick Recordings
Aug 12, 2010
London, UK
firstly if this has been discussed before i'm sorry i used the search and nothing specific came up.

But, does anyone here not use Kick 10 and Snare 11...? I don't tend to get on with them so i dont use them lol. currently my "slate" set up is Kick 5 or Kick 15, with snare 22 or snare 15 or both blended. and the Never toms. Anyone else tried anything similar to this set up?

Also does anyone here have the Truth Drums Samples? i have 3 of the 5 packs and they are all raw apart from the monster kit which is mix ready(apparently) and they sound ok, but i started to experiment and blend with the slate stuff and to me the results sound more real sounding (to me) again has anyone else tried this? and did you feel you was eqing and compressing like you would with drums you recorded yourself?

cheers
Matt

I pretty much never use snare 11. I tend to use snare 15 if I use any slate snares. I usually use my Alesis D4 samples for kick and snare.

I just download and made gog files (which took forever haha) for the Truth Custom Ply-brid kit with the Stainless Steel snare, which was my favorite kit of all the ones I listened to..

I'm going to try and layer them with slate and see what its like! They sound pretty darn good on their own! :kickass: Much more "real" sounding than Slate like you said.

yeah man i love that kit! thats what i use mostly, the snare is a BEAST, blend it with snare 22 and leave the ssd room on it, might have to bring down the volume on the slate snare but man them two snares blended cut through the mix so well, might have to EQ the truth snare as they are raw as they say!:kickass: