Does Heir Apparent have the fastest riffing?

Yes, E is a valid note. And Heir Apparent is prolly the fastest riffed song Opeth has.

Well, ok, it's the fasted SIMPLE riffing. If you factor in actually needing a left hand, erm..maybe the fast parts of Karma or The Leper Affinity?

that riff under the solo in white cluster is pretty fawzt! :O (the zekond 1)

Well, ok, it's the fasted SIMPLE riffing. If you factor in actually needing a left hand, erm..maybe the fast parts of Karma or The Leper Affinity?

There's not really any fast parts in Leper Affinity is there?

The "GHOST OF PERDITION" part is quite fast. But I'm not sure it's faster than Heir Apparent.

Most of the riffs in Leper are fast. You may not catch it because some of them sound primarily slow, but for instance, in that first riff, that tiny little palm muted part makes you move your hand and fingers pretty fast, though post people only hear the chords in that riff. And the riff before the one after the first solo are both obviously fast. Ghost of Perdition is much slower than Leper, except for that one lead after "devil cracked the earthly shell" but is probably harder rhythmically.

It's just that I can play Leper Affinity from start to finish. And those riff you mention aren't really fast. You have have to move your left and a lot, but it's not fast as in a lot of notes in a short time.

The "GHOST OF PERDITION" riff, doesn't really require anything from the left hand, but it's still faster.

Actually the fastest riff is within Heir Apparent but it appears only once and is hidden under the name of what we call a "solo" :loco:. The Heir Apparents "E" riff really got me :erk: at first, but it is forgiven now that I've seen the lyrics in it. Opeth at its best lyricwise.

Skeletal wish..
HUNTER!
A thousand lies, cast from teh throne of secrecy!... Bam!

-Cool riff-