Does the record label influence you on buying an album???

Diabolik

Sep 30, 2005
Chicago,IL
www.facebook.com
While going through various threads of people boasting on what they bought or facebook post of people listing what they are listening too.....with so many various labels and stuff now...does it influence you to buy a bulk of what some labels put out blindly anymore???

It seems like a lot of labels have widened the net of styles and releasing stuff by various bands that play different styles.

Is there any label that you will blind buy from anymore? Sure some labels have a certain level of quality like High Roller seem to do a great job on things and they get a lot of great bands. There are also some clunkers as well on that label too or bands who just are average. Does anyone buy every release from a label...not counting Mendyke due to him thinking he has to own every CD by every band.

Is there any labels that you stay away from due to crappy releases or poor packaging?

It seems so many try a lot of ways to make you buy...for example...the mass releases from Stormspell the flood the market twice a year it seems. Pure Steel trying to make a mark in the US sadly with zero places selling their stuff...sadly almost too late in the game. I did see some Divebomb Records stuff at Rolling Stones which was cool to see.

Myself I have cut down on the amount of CD's I buy now. I gamble less on stuff too.

I used to pretty much snag up anything that was put out on Shadow Kingdom Records, Nuclear War Now, and Hell's Headbangers, but I rarely purchase music these days due to a lack of funds, but I'd say that I still would.

nah not really. I'm aware of labels that do high quality work but I've also never passed on a purchase based on the record label alone either. I can pretty much rest assured that anything I buy from Buried By Time And Dust or High Roller or No Remorse will be high manufacture quality, and they work with bands who are generally near and dear to my cold dead heart so I'll typically buy their reissues before anyone else's. I don't really blind buy anymore though. I don't know if I've ever blind bought anything that I fell in love with, so I always check out the promo materials first for myself.

in the 80s the record label was a good 80% of the reason I bought stuff. Up until around 1988, you had a good chance of buying something good if it was on metal blade, noise or combat.

I can't think of a time when the label was the main factor in deciding to buy a CD or not. But I never ordered from Relapse Records because I didn't want my CDs smelling like pot.