Dolby 361

Haha, that stretch thing is like $700. Why would anyone spend that much loot on this bit of kit when you could buy a 361 and a new card for half of that? Ready availability and a bottomless wallet are the only things that come to mind.

Also, I picked up the Nebula programs that do this after this thread raised my curiosity. They sound pretty damn cool and pretty spot on against the effect I hear in these examples.

I've been kicking around the idea of making a plugin based on this at some point. Any of you non-Nebula guys interested in a CPU efficient yet totally accurate emulation? Nothing I'd be likely to get to until next year, but it's one of many ideas I have for stuff to do down the road after Recabinet 4 / Thermionik.

PS - I would make it very reasonably priced (drive-by / no brainer level.)

I've been kicking around the idea of making a plugin based on this at some point. Any of you non-Nebula guys interested in a CPU efficient yet totally accurate emulation? Nothing I'd be likely to get to until next year, but it's one of many ideas I have for stuff to do down the road after Recabinet 4 / Thermionik.

YES PLEASE!

Any news Kazrog? Don't let this die! If you need any help on processing some signals I could help!

Just found this thread ... you're planning on making a plugin of a Dolby SR card?? I'd probably go as far as to say that it can't be done, at least not with any accuracy. I work for Dolby and even in our last incarnation of digital film encoders, we still used analogue cards. It took Ray 5 years to design the circuit. The PCB layout took 1 year alone!

Just found this thread ... you're planning on making a plugin of a Dolby SR card?? I'd probably go as far as to say that it can't be done, at least not with any accuracy. I work for Dolby and even in our last incarnation of digital film encoders, we still used analogue cards. It took Ray 5 years to design the circuit. The PCB layout took 1 year alone!

I'm planning on making a plugin that emulates one facet of the card - the unintended, yet popular use case described in this thread - not every single feature of the card, to be clear.

In any case, I've taken on other emulations people once said were "impossible" with great results (after a lot of effort.) If it were easy, it wouldn't really be worth doing...