Domination bass tabs....anyone?

Redragon

Jan 2, 2008
So i am trying to learn Domination(by symphony x) on bass.

Does anyone have any tablature for the song written out for a EADG bass???

Thanks,

Redragon

Is there any way for the tab to be written out for a EADG bass though?
Cause it does not sound right if i play it like its written now(of course)

Redragon

Thats a great tab, thanks!

But can i play that on a EADG bass and will it sound close enough??
Or will it sound waay off?

Redragon

Also with the DGCF tuning it is very slightly easier to play certain phrases because the strings are slightly looser.

Cool video too, awesome bass guitar! I still hate it though when people play with the real song in the background.

it'll be up a full step. The note relations will be the same obviously, but it'll not sound as dark. Basically.

So they are all the right notes, just up a full step right???

Also with the DGCF tuning it is very slightly easier to play certain phrases because the strings are slightly looser.

Cool video too, awesome bass guitar! I still hate it though when people play with the real song in the background.

Why do you hate when people play with the music???

I really like to play with the music because it just "feels" better, and the timing is easier because you play with the other members...

Redragon

@ Redragon - I misunderstood your question about the tuning. You CAN play it on a bass tuned EADG, but just not along with the music (obviously). Also, Lucius is right about the strings being looser; some of the runs in this (and other Symphony X songs) would be more difficult in standard tuning due to the strength of the strings and how tightly wound they are. I would recommend just tuning your bass to DGCF. I'm so used to playing full step down that I have trouble playing in standard now! You'll get used to it, and not only does it play like butter, but in my opinion it sounds better, too.

lol I didn't say I hate the people that play with the music in the background, I just don't like when they do it. That's really because it is hard to tell what they are really doing sometimes because it can get faded and masked by the real song. What I prefer, is if they do it with their part taken out, using some kind of MIDI backing with all the other parts softer in the background. A perfectly good example of this are the Guitar Chapter videos of Michael Romeo.

@Detective, I have the same problem! I never play in standard that much anymore! It's ok if it's something simpler than Symphony X, but definitely not something like Domination or Sea of Lies! DGCF sounds better too though, ooo that low D on a 34" bass...