Done with basic tracking, Need opinions on guitar tone! SoloC>8505>catharsis!

Lowberg

Aug 26, 2004
Rochester, NY
Hey guys!

I just got back from my 1 week trip to Pennsylvania where me and my new band did basic guitar and bass tracking for our entire album. We worked from 12pm to 4am every day and drank a lot of beer along the way :loco::loco:

We tried recording guitars a long time ago but after being unsatisfied with the tone, I decided this time "WE MUST RECORD DI's!" and I'm real happy we did. Guitar tone isnt a huge deal for me right now, as I want to edit everything and re-track some stuff but I was so excited to start dialing in some tones, I couldn't wait!

Okay enough with the banter!

We double tracked the rhythm guitars, and are trying to get a guitar sound that is really heavy but also tight enough for a lot of the galloping and technical riffs.

The guitar chain is SoloC on the clean channel as a boost into 8505 into one of Catharsis's awesometime impulse

http://files.getdropbox.com/u/1024616/Hall of Nightmares Clip.mp3

I need some suggestions on how I can improve the tone to fit the mix better for this kind of music, any suggestions are welcome!
It just doesn't have the body that I wanted yet

Man this kicks ass!! I can't sleep now after listening to this..pumped me up!

Everything sounds incredible...only thing I find a lil out of place is this lead guitar that pops up here and there real hi pitched IMO seems out of place tonally compared to the rest of those incredible sounding guitars. I agree a little more low end would make this amazing!

Yeah the leads are a different amp sim, just solo C with TSS. I might make them the same set up and only have the actual guitar solos be a different tone.

I think the tone works for the "chorus lead" (the last riff in the clip) but the lead for the verse part with the galloping and stuff was actually supposed to be played in one of the rhythm tracks, but we thought it sounded weird that way and decided to record it as a 3rd track centered as a lead.

Thanks for the advice though! Glad you like it! I'll work on it a little more when I get home today!

i really dig that guitar tone, awesome! i think it sounds pretty good as is, so i probably can't help as far as making it better, haha.

are you still using addictive drums for the drums in this clip?

Alex,

This guitar tone is pretty badass man. It has a nice bite in the top but still sounds nice a full/smooth. I dig it!

The song is rad too.