Don't click unless your name is Vito........

Being that I'm several years behind on games and only have a PS2, I just started playing Dragon Quest VIII a few weeks ago.

I always think of Vito when I feed cheese to Munchie the mouse so that he can blast some monsters.

This association between Vito and cheese is probably all Jason's fault. :lol:

Ken

Being that I'm several years behind on games and only have a PS2, I just started playing Dragon Quest VIII a few weeks ago.

I always think of Vito when I feed cheese to Munchie the mouse so that he can blast some monsters.

This association between Vito and cheese is probably all Jason's fault. :lol:

Ken

How's VIII? VII is one of my favorite games ever.

How's VIII? VII is one of my favorite games ever.

The only game I can compare it to is Final Fantasy X. (As you can tell, I haven't played many games, and have not played any other DQ games.)

DQ VIII is indeed very cheesy, but I like it a lot better than FF X. I quit playing FF X because I got tired of the cut scenes - walk 5 steps, have a cut scene; walk another 5 steps, another cut scene. There are cut scenes in DQ VIII but they're much less frequent.

The graphics in FF X are much slicker; DQ VIII is very cartoonish, but that's what gives it its charm.

The monsters in DQ VIII have personality, and often do pretty funny things in the middle of a fight. The monsters in FF X have no personality; I'd rather fight a Candy Cat in DQ VIII than a floating swirl of lights from FF X.

The magic system in DQ is much simpler, and therefore (IMO) much better. I never figured out what the heck to do with the magic spell grid thing in FF X.

I'm sorry I can't compare VIII directly to VII.

To return this to topic, I present the cover of the new Rhapsody of Fire box set:

105.jpg

Ken