To Paul and Vito

DanLights

Santa Hat Forever
hey guys (by guys I mean everyone who frequents this forum) I hope at some of you remember me, I've been away for a while but I'm back on the internetzz and enjoyed my time at this board so I'll be here often.

So anyway my message to Paul and Vito is: you convinced me Paul, and this december I bought an Iphone. This thing is too great to be true! it kicks blackberry arse so bad it hurts (down here it's all blackberry, everyone in my house except me bought one of those tiny stress inducing computers). Anyone else here got one of these things? So you mentioned about the app that can recognize songs by listening to it on a stereo or even humming it, and a friend told me it's name was shazam if I remember well, but I can't seem to find it, can anybody help me with this?

hey guys (by guys I mean everyone who frequents this forum) I hope at some of you remember me, I've been away for a while but I'm back on the internetzz and enjoyed my time at this board so I'll be here often.

So anyway my message to Paul and Vito is: you convinced me Paul, and this december I bought an Iphone. This thing is too great to be true! it kicks blackberry arse so bad it hurts (down here it's all blackberry, everyone in my house except me bought one of those tiny stress inducing computers). Anyone else here got one of these things? So you mentioned about the app that can recognize songs by listening to it on a stereo or even humming it, and a friend told me it's name was shazam if I remember well, but I can't seem to find it, can anybody help me with this?

Yes, there are 2. Shazam is just for sampling actual music, but the program called Midomi allows you to hum and sing into it to locate the song.

Now these are in the American iTunes Store, so I'm not sure these links will work for you.

Midomi: iTunes store

Shazam: iTunes Store

Welcome back!

If you want some cool music related apps for the iPhone, I just picked up these...

Circle Theory - shows you the circle of fifths chart so you can find out what key you are in, and which chords and scales to use.

Fret Surfer - it's a game to quiz you on how well you know the each note on the fretboard, plays the actual note also which is cool.

Karajan Beginner - this is another music quiz program that plays you pitches and you select which interval it is, major 2nd, 3rd, 5th, and octave.

Key Signature Quiz - another quiz that tests you on key signatures by looking at the music staff.

Scale Buddy - this program is AWESOME. You pick any scale and it tabs it out for you instantly. You can use this for 4 and 5 string bass, and 6 and 7 string guitar. You can also change the tuning of each instrument. Also has other instruments as well.

I got all these on the iTunes app store.