Don't these lists just piss you off?

Well I was a pretty big Nirvana fan growing up, and I've always found Nevermind more important from an influential standpoint than from a quality standpoint. Incesticide was infinitely better. :)

The omission of Alice in Chain's Dirt (and even Jar of Flies) from the Rolling Poseurs list was a pretty poor decision, even for them.

Guitar World sucks ass now, but that magazine was so awesome 10 years ago.

NAD said:
Guitar World sucks ass now, but that magazine was so awesome 10 years ago.
It was excellent, along with its sister publication, Guitar School.

For what it's worth, the 90's were dire when it comes to guitar musicianship. Grunge and nuMetal don't need transcriptions for the most part. For fucks sake, I don't need a transcription of "Smells like Teen Spirit" and Green Day/Blink 182 songs!

Regardless of how ridiculous the image seems nowadays, the 'glam metal' days of the 80's had really good guitarists: Warren DeMartini, George Lynch, Paul Gilbert, Vinnie Moore, Steve Vai, etc. Those were the days when Guitar World would put some effort in transcribing songs, and buying the magazine was worth it for the tablature alone.

Oh yeah, friends of mine always made fun of glam growing up and I always told them "at least they can play."

Guitar School was the greatest magazine in the history of the world, it was a shame when it just up and disappeared.