Doom Metal

Mournful Congregation, Skepticism,Comatose Vigil, Longing for Dawn and the mighty and completely sick Esoteric. Of course, these bands are considered extreme/funeral/doom. For Traditional doom as it's called, go with Candlemass, Solitude Aeternus, Trouble and certainly, Black Sabbath. Bands like, the Sword and Gates of Slumber, are not doing anything new or groundbreaking, basically copying the same traditional style. I avoid them at all costs.

speaking of Skepticism, their latest release 'Alloy' kicks ass seriously!

i also agree on Lacrimas Profundere, 'Memorandum' and 'Burning A Wish' are some good Anathema/My Dying Bride-worship. everything after Burning is total crap

Just got Oceans of Sadness - "The Arrogance of Ignorance". Some really bad lyrics and the clean vocals, at times, can suck but overall it's pretty good. Most doom lyrics are pretty fucking gay though so meh.

Mournful Congregation, Skepticism,Comatose Vigil, Longing for Dawn and the mighty and completely sick Esoteric. Of course, these bands are considered extreme/funeral/doom. For Traditional doom as it's called, go with Candlemass, Solitude Aeternus, Trouble and certainly, Black Sabbath. Bands like, the Sword and Gates of Slumber, are not doing anything new or groundbreaking, basically copying the same traditional style. I avoid them at all costs.

The Sword and The Gates Of Slumber are nothing alike. The Sword is shit and The Gates Of Slumber are brilliant, they are easily one of the best bands in contemporary heavy metal.

can anyone recommend awesome doom bands/albums with clean emotive singing along the lines of Solitude Aeternus and Solstice's mindblowingly brilliant "New Dark Age",The Cimmerian Codex is THE song that i want playing at my funeral,if i'm missing out on anything that sounds like this,then this is an absolute travesty.Rumpole how does "Only The Strong" compare to "New Dark Age"!! Cheers

can anyone recommend awesome doom bands/albums with clean emotive singing along the lines of Solitude Aeternus and Solstice's mindblowingly brilliant "New Dark Age",The Cimmerian Codex is THE song that i want playing at my funeral,if i'm missing out on anything that sounds like this,then this is an absolute travesty.Rumpole how does "Only The Strong" compare to "New Dark Age"!! Cheers

Try Altar of Oblivion, Atlantean Kodex (not doom but very awesome epic heavy metal - guarantee you'll love them) and Ereb Altor for some more recent releases.

Only The Strong is a vinyl compilation of the band's demos and rehearsals, a lot of it is pretty rough sounding but definitely worth hearing. There's also one "new" song called Blood Feud, recorded as rehearsal after New Dark Age that is really awesome. Hopefully if they ever record a third album, it'll be on it.

BUT GATES OF SLUMBER ARE HIPSTERS NOW!!1!!!

hipsters r cool didnt u know111!!!!!!idontgetusing1sandexclamationpoints111!!!!!11

Try Altar of Oblivion, Atlantean Kodex (not doom but very awesome epic heavy metal - guarantee you'll love them) and Ereb Altor for some more recent releases.

Only The Strong is a vinyl compilation of the band's demos and rehearsals, a lot of it is pretty rough sounding but definitely worth hearing. There's also one "new" song called Blood Feud, recorded as rehearsal after New Dark Age that is really awesome. Hopefully if they ever record a third album, it'll be on it.

hipsters r cool didnt u know111!!!!!!idontgetusing1sandexclamationpoints111!!!!!11

thanx man,i have read some very good things about Atlantean Kodex,i'm gonna have to look into those,it sounds like Only The Strong wold be worth getting for the "new" song alone:kickass:

Well most have been mentioned,so I would like to recommend some good doom from this year-
Revelation - Release
Isole - Bliss of solitude
Ereb Altor - By honour
The gates of slumber - Conqueror
Jex Thoth - Jex thoth
Herem - I pulsa dinura

Anyone wants to add to this list?
And can any one point me to somewhere where I can hear something from Atlantean Kodex, I heard they are pretty good.

Try Mar de Grises(Ocean of Grief) A Chilean doom/death band with some funeral structure. The way they meld all this together is stunning. Beautiful melodies, some ambience and crushing doom riffs. They have 2 albums out-debut is;"The Tatterdemalion Express" and their latest-"Draining the Water Heart." I prefer the debut because for some reason it's just more memorable. Do yourself a favor and listen.