DoomMetal band in NE Indiana searching for bassist/musicians

joe4324

New Metal Member
Jul 23, 2003
Hello, I know you guys probably hate these pleas for help so I'll make it short!

I'm a member of a 4 peice doom/metal outfit trying to get a good start in northern indiana. This area is all but dead for this style of music so every attempt at turning up some more musicians has gotten us no were. We are currently in need of a bassist quite badly to help us pre-pare/play out some live shows. In the meantime since our band is no complete we have been working on self producing our demo. (wich could possibly be completed fairly soon)

I find it hard to define the style we play, I could best describe it as mid-paced melodic doom metal, with a more traditional metal edge at times. The songs are long (7-10 minutes+) and we make "heavy" use of classical and acoustic guitars. (we'd also like to experiment with cello and violas if the opportunity presented itself.)

Bands we have been influenced by include (but are not limited too) My dying bride, Opeth, Evoken, Arcturus, Ulver, Saturnus and many other black/death metal groups.

If anyone at all is interested in hearing what we have to offer simply reply here, drop me an email at joe4324@hotmail.com or add me to your MSN messenger using that same email. I'll gladly send some of the material your way!

Thanks and watch these boards, as soon as our demo is done I will be post a link to our website (wich I'm currently rebuilding) so I can share all our material.

Too bad ya dont live closer to Chicago and need a guitarist! I live in Hobart which is about 30 miles from chicago. I know what ya meana bout metal being nonexistant around here! I've been looking for a band for a long time but I wont be doing any Limp Bizkit bullshit bands.

Iced In Flames said:
Too bad ya dont live closer to Chicago and need a guitarist! I live in Hobart which is about 30 miles from chicago. I know what ya meana bout metal being nonexistant around here! I've been looking for a band for a long time but I wont be doing any Limp Bizkit bullshit bands.

Hey!

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/...2c=LEESBURG&2s=IN&2z=46538&2ah=&lr=2&x=43&y=4

Your not "that" far away! hour and a half one way. *hint, Hint* I'm sure you could hit a few notes on bass :)

I live right inbetween you two (a little closer to Iced though)! Already have a band going though. We were intending to be doom, but it's turning out a little more on the C.O.C./Down side of the spectrum, which is cool. Hail Indiana....yawn.

I'll tell you what. If our damned song writers dont quit add more and more tracks we're going to need 3 guitarists to play live!