www.myspace.com
Doro
Kneel to Zod
Scarz Within
Sinners Trail

Jaxx
$18 at the door
Doors 7:30 pm, Show 8 pm

Nick and I will be there. Anyone else going? I know I've come across a few folks on the board over the past few weeks who said they were. I've been waiting for this show since last June. I see a sore neck in my not too distant future. :headbang:

I won't be going. I went to the show last year and that was probably enough. If there was someone else on the bill I was interested in, maybe I would have decided to go.

Jason

BRMH - let us know how the show goes at Jaxx.

I'm looking forward to seeing Doro for the first time myself on Apr 17th at The Masquerade here in Atlanta. Should be a great show with Halcyon Way opening.

:headbang:

BRMH - let us know how the show goes at Jaxx.

I'm looking forward to seeing Doro for the first time myself on Apr 17th at The Masquerade here in Atlanta. Should be a great show with Halcyon Way opening.

:headbang:
I sure will. (I'll probably post photos too.) It's awesome that you guys get Halcyon Way as an opener. I really enjoyed them at the Showcase last year. I'm not really familiar with any of the openers at Jaxx tonight, so hopefully it won't be too torturous. :lol:

OK, so I know it took me forever, but finally, here are a few of the pictures from last weeks Doro show at Jaxx.

First let me say that there was an opening band, Scarz Within, that recently acquired a female vocalist and they blew me out of the water. I don't think they have anything with the new singers vocals recorded yet (they mentioned they would be going back into the studio soon), but you can check them out here (website) or here (MySpace). Unfortunately I didn't get any photos of them.

Fatal Smile (www.myspace.com/fatalsmile1), the opener that Doro brought along with them on this US tour, was also amazing. Some of you may have seen them before as I think they opened for WASP on their last tour. Very high-energy hard rock/glam metal type stuff. Think Motely Crue from Sweden.

(I will take this opportunity to apologize in advance, as I am no good at resizing photos.)

l_c51d0211deaf0a799bad7a02ff758307.jpg

l_c6c311098135c43f5b6a62811e5a8a72.jpg

l_d5d635192ab1482bdfc34c2399c0d735.jpg

l_2b2f61963a8a224451f928efddff6344.jpg

l_ea0b2fcc60494a93e689cda26faf72c1.jpg

After Fatal Smile, Doro hit the stage. The show was absolutely amazing. They played a lot of older stuff from the Warlock days, as well as a good mixture of other hits. There's a set list picture posted below, although they didn't play everything on there since they were short on time. (I don't think Jaxx realized Fatal Smile was being added to the bill. The day before the show they were not listed on Jaxx website and I noticed that the door time had been pushed back, which ultimately lead to the shortening of the headliner's (Doro's) set - but I don't really think that her or her bandmates minded.)

l_7895afbcb2b3b917b97a13da34af8e40.jpg

l_0b38897bcc48247f9caeba82f328e61e.jpg

l_0dcb57390ebbe70394a6f2660cf29c82.jpg

l_d05984ae585ae7ed4a9b5e336a8bd5a4.jpg

Just in case you weren't sure of how close I was ...
l_d779b74a179ebbdd6794449dbfd0d112.jpg

I hope I didn't blind the poor lady with the camera's flash.

Mad respect and thanks to Johnny Dee (Doro's drummer) who invited Nick and I in for the sound check even though we got there too late to take the band to dinner like we originally wanted to. (There just wasn't enough time because of how things works out with the soundcheck. Oh well, next time we'll get there way early and take them to lunch instead. :lol:) Johnny ranks up there as one of the coolest people in metal I've ever met.
l_51bfa41db13686647475689ca6302ae9.jpg

l_cf73fe2111478f66cdeec76aa0b6032e.jpg

l_122dee4e24165956f9d5258943c070de.jpg

l_5491c3da0bf378f413beec49b97fd331.jpg

If you are interested in checking out more photos from the show, visit my myspace photo gallery here.

On a sidenote, Nick proposed to me that night right after the show. I don't want to hijack this thread, so please feel free to leave any well wishes or comments in regards to that here in the Lounge or here on my MySpace.

That was a kick-ass show! The second time that I've gotten to see her. Was awesome to get to see you and Nick at the show. Did not realize he proposed to you right after - congrats! I guess I could post some pictures myself (I did get some of Scarz Within), but other than that, pretty much the same that you got (we were pretty much next to each other near the rail during Doro's set.

Bobbie, on the set list you posted what was the last eight songs written in smaller text? I'm really looking forward to seeing her for the first time in Atlanta in 2 weeks.

You'll enjoy the show. They put the same energy into a show, whether there are 80 people or 800.
Oliver is not with them this tour - it is Luca Princiotta (ex Blaze Bailey) and her regular guitarist Joe on guitar

Bobbie, on the set list you posted what was the last eight songs written in smaller text? I'm really looking forward to seeing her for the first time in Atlanta in 2 weeks.
Those last eight songs were ones they selected from for the encore. They didn't play all of them unfortunately. I would have really loved to hear Fur Immer, Metal Tango and Unholy Love.

First column:
East Meets West
Fur Immer
Metal Tango
Unholy Love

Second Column:
Fight for Rock
Out of Control
Fight (played)
Hellraiser (played)

Kneel To Zod-Is that General Zod's band?(Serious question.)
Haha! No. They were another local on the bill. Way to "-core" and "nu-metal" like IMO. They did bring a good amount of people it seemed, so I guess that's why they got the gig. Would have rather Jaxx left this one off the bill and let Doro and the guys play a little longer.

I'm not sure who does all Doro's booking, but something is amiss. I think Johnny Dee is their on-the-road tour manager, but I'm not sure. Either way, it seems that when Doro brings another band with them on a US tour, the details get lost in the shuffle. Last year no one knew that Chris Caffery was on tour with Doro - not just as one of Doro's guitar players - but as an opening act. This year it seems like no one knew that Fatal Smile was on tour with them. Fatal Smile was never added to the Jaxx web site and the door/show times were pushed back significantly, I'm assuming because Jaxx didn't have as many local openers as they wanted and because no one told them Fatal Smile was also playing they thought they needed to shift the start time.

So ultimately what did this mean? Well at the Jaxx show it seemed like everyone got the full stage time they were supposed to have except Doro. They really should have cut the openers sets to make more room for the headliner and the other international act they brought with them on tour. As much as I did like Scarz Within, they could have cut all the openers times to 20 or 30 minutes, instead of keeping them at 30 or 45 (which I'm sure was probably their original deal with Jaxx). Oh, well, overall a good show, but with lots of the typical Jaxx glitches and quirks. :rolleyes:

Can't wait for the April 15th show in St. Pete. It'll be the 12th time I see Doro / Warlock (that does tell my age, yikes), and she never fails to rock the crap out of the house. Like previous post from Miami, I also suspect the crowd will be sparse to say the least. Especially with both Symphony X and Dimmu Borgir playing the within two weeks. Anyone that is on the fence of going though...YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!!!