Download Festival

Testamentt

Dec 23, 2003
A reformed order for Day 1 of the UK's DOWNLOAD FESTIVAL has been announced. It's as follows:

Linkin Park (headlining)
Sum 41
Iggy and the Stooges
The Hives
The Distillers
Cradle of Filth
Monster Magnet
Soil
Opeth
Dillinger Escape Plan

I can't help but say that this bothers me.

Testamentt said:
A reformed order for Day 1 of the UK's DOWNLOAD FESTIVAL has been announced. It's as follows:

Linkin Park (headlining)
Sum 41
Iggy and the Stooges
The Hives
The Distillers
Cradle of Filth
Monster Magnet
Soil
Opeth
Dillinger Escape Plan

Think of it this way, EVERY other act on that fucking show is going to be put to shame. But then again, people wouldn't know good music if it bit them in the ass so maybe it won't matter.

Of course the festival lacks some testicles, but oh well...Opeth gets some exposure. Only thing people will think besides, "God, this is the best band here" is "These songs are too long and I dislike that guy's voice, he sounds like Satan."

Testamentt said:

Linkin Park (headlining)
Sum 41
Iggy and the Stooges
The Hives
The Distillers
Cradle of Filth
Monster Magnet
Soil
Opeth
Dillinger Escape Plan

This is a joke, right? :Smug:

If not, then like you, I'm a bit disappointed. Opeth does not deserve this.

Opeth will dominate all those bands without question. But nobody there other than opeth fans in attendance will appreciate opeth's music. I wouldnt be surprised if some people booed em.

Hey, DEP is a very respectable band. That's a hilarious lineup though. I hope all the people there just for The Hives will stick around for the ear fucking they'll get at the end.

There's a reason why some of us don't like seeing bands go mainstream, and it's not because we are greedy or elitist. It's because mainstream = commercial success = complacency. Opeth are human too, and they are also subject to such a mindset if they don't see it coming.

I really feel that this concert is a step in the wrong direction for them.

When I saw LP as the headline and Opeth in just small print I became depressed. Exposure is not bad but to be on the same paper as those other band's names just sucks. Opeth don't deserve this. They should be given a whole day just for themselves.