Download Guitar Rig 3 Go for free

im bumping this, because this is an awesome free amp sim for anyone on mac!!!!! I just DL`ed it, and it registered in service center with my other NI shit just fine. sounds pretty good actually! Pretty awesome considering how hard it is to find good free amp sims for mac!!! who cares if its only one amp, its pretty decent!

after playing with it a bit, I am a bit impressed. I was able to get some pretty realistic tones going, but it tends to get pretty mushy like most amp sims when you get into higher gain levels. my best results were with the tube screamer, with low gain and tone at 1 oclock, amps gain around noon, the bass and treble around 11 oclock, and the mids at about 1 oclock. scooping the mids and raising the gain mushes things up.

all in all, it seems to do one sound really well, but its not quite as nice as logics new amp designer.

Well I can't get service center to work. This would be the second time NI has been a piece of shit on me. I fucking hate this company. It's pretty much official that they will never see another dime from me ever (and yes this is free, but I have SSD platnum so it's not the first time I have dealt with NI). It's bullshit that they use this clumsy program to unlock there stuff when the ilok or IK's answer/response stuff is just as good and way less buggy.

Since it didn't work, I sent them a pretty nasty "support request" (another system that I loath, give me a telephone number or an email address) saying how much I hate their methods.

Well here is to having to wait 3 days just to have some smuck send back an email saying "download the latest version and try that." To which I will probably hunt down NI's number again, only to have to wait 45 mins in line AGAIN.

Did I mention that this company infuriates me?

Don't have my old login and NI haven't sent me a "forgot password" email yet. A bit annoying but I'm sure it'll be sorted by tomorrow.

Guess after POD Farm getting put out for free NI feel they need to do something to get consumers on their side. I'm not gonna complain, lol.

I mean it great from NI and all, but the product still just doesn't sound good...
All the free stuff is wayyyy better

I did a shootout with a real TS7 and various screamer sims (it's buried in this forum somewhere) and the closest I thought was Guitar Rig 3's. The BTE sounded good, but it wasn't as close.

im bumping this, because this is an awesome free amp sim for anyone on mac!!!!! I just DL`ed it, and it registered in service center with my other NI shit just fine. sounds pretty good actually! Pretty awesome considering how hard it is to find good free amp sims for mac!!! who cares if its only one amp, its pretty decent!

Yeah, the lack of free ampsims for Mac sucks. Might have to download this, I only have the Studio Devil free whatever, and I think it sucks. I wish someone would port 8505 etc. :(

Well I can't get service center to work. This would be the second time NI has been a piece of shit on me. I fucking hate this company. It's pretty much official that they will never see another dime from me ever (and yes this is free, but I have SSD platnum so it's not the first time I have dealt with NI). It's bullshit that they use this clumsy program to unlock there stuff when the ilok or IK's answer/response stuff is just as good and way less buggy.

Since it didn't work, I sent them a pretty nasty "support request" (another system that I loath, give me a telephone number or an email address) saying how much I hate their methods.

Well here is to having to wait 3 days just to have some smuck send back an email saying "download the latest version and try that." To which I will probably hunt down NI's number again, only to have to wait 45 mins in line AGAIN.

Did I mention that this company infuriates me?

I have spent time with NI on the phone, and via email too, pain in the ass. they have that attitude like "it doesnt have to work, your lucky if it does just to be using our product" hahaha

but I have an endless problem with service center stuck in a loop updating everytime it launched, then quitting, relaunching and doing the same thing over and over. I just clicked cancel during the update, and it moved right along. service center is a bitch, and does that to me everytime I try to update, or install.

This Guitar Rig thing was free waaaaay before POD Farm was offered for free. I posted this a few weeks ago. :D

I must say that I like POD Farm a little bit better.

im gonna check out the free pod farm. not expecting much... I gave my tone port away cause it was useless to me.

The Free pod farm seemed to have quite a lot of amps... but does anyone know if they're worth getting an iLok for? I could run down to the music store tomorrow and get an iLok for this offer if it'll give me amps of atleast same quality as the freeware stuff we have today. It might also be worth mentioning that I'm a big fan of djenty tones like Meshuggah and Tesseract and stuff, and I've gotten the impression it's easier to achieve that with POD than most other things... but I have no clue about Pod Farm and the free version.

I'll run down and get an iLok if you guys think it's worth it... it all depends on you! <3 haha :D

The Free pod farm seemed to have quite a lot of amps... but does anyone know if they're worth getting an iLok for? I could run down to the music store tomorrow and get an iLok for this offer if it'll give me amps of atleast same quality as the freeware stuff we have today. It might also be worth mentioning that I'm a big fan of djenty tones like Meshuggah and Tesseract and stuff, and I've gotten the impression it's easier to achieve that with POD than most other things... but I have no clue about Pod Farm and the free version.

I'll run down and get an iLok if you guys think it's worth it... it all depends on you! <3 haha :D

Yep. There's even Meshuggah presets for the POD floating around. ;)

Are any based on the standard PodXT without the metalshop, though? (which is all you get with the free version of PF) I have a hard time imagining one could get anything djenty without the MSBigBottom or MSDiamondplate models...

Are any based on the standard PodXT without the metalshop, though? (which is all you get with the free version of PF) I have a hard time imagining one could get anything djenty without the MSBigBottom or MSDiamondplate models...

Oww right, forgot about those expansion packs... hmm I can definately imagine Pod Farm NOT having the capability of going apeshit Djent City in that case :)

Oh well, it's no biggie really... still tempted to get an iLok just for this since it IS a nice addition to all the freeware ampsims we've got already. Only a few days left of the offer though, and I HATE to rush things... haha, as you may have noticed with me picking out a FireWire card Marcus :D