Native Instruments Komplete Players for free

are there any limitations to this compared to the full version?

****edit- i found the limitations on the the website

Service center is by far the easiest way to get software updates. Wish every company used that. If you're comp is online it takes zero effort.

For me it's painfully slow and very buggy. Oh well - I only have FREE products :rolleyes:

(except for slate ex)

Limitations would be it only works with the samples and patches that come with it. 3rd party patches will work for 15minutes in demo mode and some features may be missing. Assuming these are all like the Kontakt 4 player. You can buy their soundbanks to add on

I have it installed on my mac now but haven't opened it and the PC version download failed overnight.

Tried the Guitar Rig 4 demo, and I guess it's worth having if you want the effects. I quite like the delays - then again, you can probably get just as good (and even better) free vst delays (I've only really used ReaDelay, and that takes some tinkering with if you want it to be something else than the crystal clear repeats). Didn't get much out of the included amp simulation (free ones are better). Didn't try it with impulses though, so that could make it worthwhile.

Messing around a bit now.
Don't think I'll get much use out of Guitar rig for guitars. just 1 amp? Even Guitar Rig 3 LE had more than that (though all shit haha). Might be useful to make weird fx chains and send stuff into.

Reaktor player has some cool stuff in it.

I've already got the full Kontakt so nothing new there.
Kore Player has good stuff but if it's anything like it was when it first came out it's really CPU heavy and buggy in Pro Tools. will investigate.