Downloading (legally)

Thanks for the info Sickboy! I'll check it out.

You know, I've come up mostly empty in all my p2p searches for Riot, going back 4 years (I mostly get Quiet Riot results). I have most of Fire Down Under and Restless Breed on mp3, but there are those few songs that I just can't find. It's hard to believe that Riot is so popular among certain metalheads, and yet almost invisible to the community as a whole.

SickBoy said:
I hate whoever decided to reissue "Nightbreaker" with useless "A Whiter Shade Of Pale" cover instead of Riot's original "On The Run", which is (to make things worse!) one of my favs off that CD...

TMI, TMI!

I didn't know there was another version of "Nightbreaker" I only have the one with WSOP :erk:, that indeed it's absolutely out of place on that CD that already have a cover (the very good version of 'Burn') and a re-record (the again excellent 'Outlaw').

I have a very few Japanese versions of albums, like you said too much money for 1 or 2 songs (absolutely envious of Junie). Those are cases in which I feel no remorse whatsoever in downloading the tune for free.

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
You know, I've come up mostly empty in all my p2p searches for Riot, going back 4 years (I mostly get Quiet Riot results).

You should try searching by album title, that should yield best results.
Or check this site: http://eselmetal.wz.cz/index.php?lang=en
It holds emule links to various albums/videos...

It's hard to believe that Riot is so popular among certain metalheads, and yet almost invisible to the community as a whole.

Yeah, tell me about it...And when people get into Riot, they mostly dig only Thundersteel and nothing else. Go figure... :err:
Now that I think of it, maybe the majority had been repelled by Riot's abominable album covers! :tickled:
I mean, it's somewhat hard to take a band seriously with such front covers... ;)

Wyvern said:
I didn't know there was another version of "Nightbreaker" I only have the one with WSOP :erk:, that indeed it's absolutely out of place on that CD that already have a cover (the very good version of 'Burn') and a re-record (the again excellent 'Outlaw').

Ummm...does that mean you haven't actually heard 'On The Run'?! :ill:
Jeeez, get that ASAP, what a song! :headbang:
I'll provide it to you if you don't find it elsewhere...

I have a very few Japanese versions of albums, like you said too much money for 1 or 2 songs (absolutely envious of Junie).

Junie? :err:

SickBoy said:
Ummm...does that mean you haven't actually heard 'On The Run'?! :ill:
Jeeez, get that ASAP, what a song! :headbang:
I'll provide it to you if you don't find it elsewhere...

Please, please, please!!!!! give it to me, I can't believe I'm missing a song from Dimeo era :yell:

Junnie from the East our resident Japanese metalhead who luckily for her can have all those versions as domestic :headbang:

NP: Black Knight - 'Dead Of Knight'

No-Mercy said:
downloading sucks.

and even if its legal, i dont want to download no shit...thats like ipod, thats like...no cd or booklet or unrapping of the safety seals!!
Hey, don't rip on ipods, I love mine:D

I agree that downloading-when the album is readily avaliable for purchase-should not be done. Sampling, yes. Downloading, no.

But I love my ipod. I still buy cds all the time, but my ipod gives me the luxury of carrying my whole collection in my jacket pocket, at the touch of my fingertips. Granted, it's not the best mp3 player on the market, but I like mine.

Wyvern said:
Please, please, please!!!!! give it to me, I can't believe I'm missing a song from Dimeo era :yell:

No prob, send me a PM and we'll arrange a SoulSeek session...

Junnie from the East our resident Japanese metalhead who luckily for her can have all those versions as domestic :headbang:

Now I get it...Yeah, lucky her! :)
But from what I gather those jap.eds aren't much cheaper over there, hence the exclusive bonus tracks...

SickBoy said:
Yeah, tell me about it...And when people get into Riot, they mostly dig only Thundersteel and nothing else. Go figure... :err:

Ack, the only Riot albums I like are "Fire Down Under" (one of the greatest albums of all time!) and "Restless Breed"!

I've bought a bunch of used stuff off of Amazon. Some of the old '80's stuff you're talking about is very cheap - like under $1. You do end up playing shipping too, which is a couple bucks. Still, for $3 total I'd rather have the CD with the artwork, etc.

SickBoy said:
No prob, send me a PM and we'll arrange a SoulSeek session...

Now I get it...Yeah, lucky her! :)
But from what I gather those jap.eds aren't much cheaper over there, hence the exclusive bonus tracks...

Absolutely true, but I guess that purchasing a USA or European copy in japan may be equally or more expensive due to S&H, so in the end for a Japanese a domestic copy will be better.

I'll PM you later with details on SS, thanks ;)