DragonCon 2011

Cheiron

Jan 11, 2006
So who is going? I think I'll be there Friday/Saturday/Sunday... or so. I wish I had just bought a badge at last years... as now I'll be paying a LOT LOT more. But I didn't expect to be going this year as I was planning on going to something else, but that fell through.

I looked at the schedule today, and most of it just does not interest me. I'll probably be going to a few of the things with Rosemary Ellen Guiley, Michelle Belanger, and Vorcus Noctirnum (or however his named is spelled) for my fill of the occult, and maybe some of the bands. I might to go to some of the Battlestar Galactica stuff, and some of the bands. I drive home each night, so I tend not to do the really late concerts (since there's a fairly good sized gap between the last events, and the bigger concerts). But maybe this year.

Sorry I didn't see this earlier. Saw you there, Brian, but not Cheiron.

I had NO idea the parade was such a big deal. Got stuck in the sidewalk onlookers trying to get across Peachtree Street to the Hyatt from my hotel, and had to go down to the MARTA station platform and back up again to go under Peachtree. :) There were a LOT of folks watching!

I was interviewed by WABE/NPR since I've been on D*C staff for all 25 years.....
http://www.publicbroadcasting.net/wabe/news.newsmain?action=article&ARTICLE_ID=1848598

I saw you though ;)

I watched a few of the bands on your stage, sometimes while waiting for the panels to start. I actually walked right past you once, but you seemed to be trying to get somewhere quick so I didn't say anything.

This year was good. Fairly fast lines on Thursday for the 4-day pass, some good panels, and authors I actually know and enjoy.

I'll be back next year.

I saw you though ;)

I watched a few of the bands on your stage, sometimes while waiting for the panels to start. I actually walked right past you once, but you seemed to be trying to get somewhere quick so I didn't say anything.

This year was good. Fairly fast lines on Thursday for the 4-day pass, some good panels, and authors I actually know and enjoy.

I'll be back next year.

Very cool! So will I, it seems. :)

Hey Cheiron, thanks for stopping by Montreal/Vancouver. Sorry about the sound, it was reported in my aftershow report.

It was a good year overall for the Dark Fantasy track, now in it's fourth year (seventh year unofficially). I felt we had a good mix of programming, from Q&As with "True Blood" guests to the panel where Michael Whelan talked about Lovecraft and heavy metal album covers. There was a sword and sorcery panel that went over really well, despite being a late-minute addition. I was glad that my "occult all-stars" (Michelle Belanger, Rosemary Ellen Guiley, and Chelsea Quinn Yarbro) were all present and accounted for this time. The surprise hit of the convention for me was the cast of the American "Being Human." I enjoyed the show, but meeting those three made me a fan.